Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Not impressed with vdj search engine

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am kind of new with Virtual DJ but I am not impressed with the search engine. Yes maybe I need to take some more time which I don't have to craft up some setlists. But the other night I was working at a Tavern and I maybe played 4 songs from Virtual DJ and all the rest were off of my Google Play account. I don't have time in the middle of the sap to be fooling around with a search engine so I go on my Google music and get it instantly. Does anyone share my frustration? Or any advice?

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 2:49 pm
RTFM

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 3:59 pm
Section 4 of the Google Play T&Cs states: "...your personal, non-commercial use only." That's the case with any of the popular streaming sites (i.e. Spotify etc) aimed at consumers.

They're not for DJ use.

There's nothing wrong with the search in VDJ. It's no different to any of the above services - type something in and get a result. If you don't get results then you need to look at your file tagging.

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 4:34 pm
Sounds like the issue is with searching content unlimited?

Posted Thu 18 Oct 18 @ 6:11 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Have you ever imported (added) your Tracks to the Search DB of VirtualDJ ?

If not, then see this... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Add%20to%20Search%20DB%20VirtualDJ%208.html

If yes, then perhaps you need to tell VDJ to what fields it should look into and search for .Click on the small dot-button (Search Option) and make your selections

It also depends on how your tracks have been imported, or rather if you have set VDJ to fill Artist/Title etc fields from either Tags or filenames.
So probably you need to provide a few more details on what you have done so far, what have you tried and how is your music collection structured (ID3 Tags updated, filenames updated etc)

Posted Fri 19 Oct 18 @ 1:10 pm
Even though I am a beginner to VDJ and DJ'ing in general, I am super organized with my playlists in iTunes and Spotify. I never need to do a search, just find the playlist and sort by BPM and key and I see exactly my choices. Somebody asks for an Argentine Tango Vals song on the slow end and I can get it with 15 seconds. I try to keep my Spotify lists put into playlists for genre and time period as well. All the more reason to have your own music, so you give it maximum organization in your database. I am probably unusual for a beginner to be so organized, but I started off as strictly a dancer needing music for 15 different dances, and having the appropriate music for practice.

Posted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 10:12 pm

Disregard my previous message as I see now all mentioned is considered for home use only

Posted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 11:27 pm
it works fine for me

Posted Mon 17 Dec 18 @ 11:28 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
djdad wrote :
Have you ever imported (added) your Tracks to the Search DB of VirtualDJ ?

If not, then see this... http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Add%20to%20Search%20DB%20VirtualDJ%208.html

If yes, then perhaps you need to tell VDJ to what fields it should look into and search for .Click on the small dot-button (Search Option) and make your selections

It also depends on how your tracks have been imported, or rather if you have set VDJ to fill Artist/Title etc fields from either Tags or filenames.
So probably you need to provide a few more details on what you have done so far, what have you tried and how is your music collection structured (ID3 Tags updated, filenames updated etc)

After doing what DJ Dad stated, have a look at the "My Library" add-on.
Also take a look at the Cloud Lists

Posted Tue 18 Dec 18 @ 12:36 am
Jurassic7 wrote :
it works fine for me

bu sometimes when I plug in my DJ controller it doesn't

Posted Wed 19 Dec 18 @ 10:36 pm
Some LE versions disable the browser search function. That will probably be the issue.

Posted Wed 19 Dec 18 @ 10:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)