Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Ask The DJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
This is more for my controller than a skin, but does anyone know if there is a way to program a button to do a search for the highlighted track when on the "ask the dj" sidelist, rather than having to right-click the icon alongside the track & select search.
I want to modify my track button, at the moment if you press it when on "ask the dj" it does a browser_enter function which results in a load error so I have modified it to

"browser_window "sidelist" ? sideview "ASKTHEDJ://" ? nothing : shift ? browser_remove : browser_enter : browser_enter"

However rather than 'nothing', it would be great if it took the track selected & performed a search.
Does anyone know if this is possible.

Thanks

Posted Wed 12 Sep 18 @ 1:47 pm
Just in case anyone else every finds this post looking for a solution, after a little playing around

search "`get_browsed_song 'title'`"

will perform a search on the askthedj song requested when in it's selected

Posted Sat 07 Sep 19 @ 4:00 pm
NicotuxHome userMember since 2014
I tried to automate "ask the dj --> karaoke" / "ask the dj --> sidelist" / "ask the dj --> automix" some time ago

as long as the message contains the song only and an entry in askthedj:// is selected in songs tab :
search "`get_browsed_song 'message'`"

to open to askthedj page:
browser_gotofolder 'askthedj://' & browser_window 'songs'
only if a message was received:
get_askthedj_unread & param_bigger 0 ? browser_gotofolder 'askthedj://' & browser_window 'songs'

Try to select last received request ... actions are delayed, may take more than 2.2s depending on DB size, result size, system load ...
browser_sort '-when' & repeat_start 'wt' 2200ms 1 & browser_scroll 'top'

Posted Sun 08 Sep 19 @ 7:51 pm
Great thanks, this will come in real handy.

Posted Mon 09 Sep 19 @ 12:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)