Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: VDJscript setting hotkey to change eq on inactive deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

Is there a way to change the eq on an inactive deck. It probably is more complicated because who's to say how many inactive decks are assigned.
I am not always going to be using a hotkey when I'm on a particular deck like deck 1 or deck 2 so I don't want to use the verbage deck 1 or deck 2 in my script. I don't think I can use the verbage deck active or deck default because my preliminary tests it just sets the eq of the playing deck or I have to initially click and activate a deck so default functions correctly. I'm not currently selecting a deck each time I preview it in my headphones. I was trying to save time DJing and not have to click on the large icon of the deck number before using a hotkey.

For example: Let's say i'm currently playing on deck 2 and i'm previewing on deck 1 making a loop and i want to fade in this deck 2 loop while at the same time killing the mids and lows as the active deck gets the highs and mids killed. I can currently click on the icon of the previewing deck in the software to select it and use deck default but that's defeating the purpose of simplicity during a busy event MCing, DJing, taking requests and having to run out to do dances or games.

While I'm at it. Is there an unkill all decks?

Any questions? Do I need to clarify more? Maybe I'm thinking about it wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Posted Sun 09 Sep 18 @ 5:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)