Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: List Order

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi Guys,

i have a problem which is driving me crazy lol, so basically when i first load virtual dj all my songs sit in the order of last played which is perfect but as soon as i play a song this order kind of changes as if its trying to match BPM or something but when i stop the song and go back into the folder the songs all go back into the correct order, i need them to stay in that order while im playing songs aswell.

Thanks

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 5:51 pm
Not sure what you mean. Which browser panel?

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 5:57 pm
Think my drive letter has been changed on my hard drive as my friend had to format it to add files, would this cause an issue ???

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 6:05 pm
You need to explain in greater detail what you are experiencing.

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 6:15 pm
my playlists are organising themselves automatically to the closest BPM of the current song playing, can i turn this setting off.

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 6:29 pm
Just click at the top of the browser and select which column you want them sorted by.

When you say playlists they will display in the order they were saved until changed manually, so you could load them in the automix panel, sort how you want then save them again.

Have a read of the browser section in the manual here: https://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj/interface/browser.html

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 6:38 pm
i understand that i can choose how i want them sorted but when i load a song virtual dj is automatically changing the list to all the songs with a simular BPM ?

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 7:02 pm
Which list? The central browser, automix or sidelist?

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 7:36 pm
The central browser

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 8:06 pm
Never ever heard of that. Maybe someone else can chime in ........

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 8:10 pm
PhilWPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Can you post a video of the behaviour?

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 8:46 pm
owennixon2016 wrote :
The central browser

this remembers the last way you have something sorted ...

if you are opening into a filter folder you will get that filter right off in the center browser.

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 8:58 pm
Is there anyway i can just keep my play lists in an order of last played, thats all i want, the play list only changes when a song is playing, if i stop the song and go back into the folder everything goes back into order, this is so fraustrating.

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 9:03 pm
When you say "play list" what exactly are you referring to?

Is it an actual saved playlist, a filter folder, a favourites folder or are you just browsing a file location?

Try closing VDJ then move your settings.xml to your desktop (don't delete it). When you restart VDJ it will create a new settings file so try that and see if the behaviour is the same. You can move the original one back afterwards.

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 9:16 pm
kradcliffe it wont let me upload the video i have taken of the issue, is there any other way i can send it to you ?

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 9:18 pm
kradcliffe4540@gmail.com

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 9:20 pm
just keeps saying file to large, have you got facebook ?

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 9:30 pm
post it to YouTube or a file sharing site and share the link

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 9:48 pm
Hi Guys,

Sooo im going to start again, i have several playlists which are inside folders on my external hard drive, these songs are listed from last played which virtual dj does automatically which is perfect, when i load Virtual DJ i can see all the lists in order from what i played at my last gig (All different BPM'S.)

When i am actually playing a song at 100.00 BPM for example and i go to browse a different folder all those songs are Automatically categorised as close to 100.00 BPM as possible, now of course i can see the logic behind this feature but it does not suit me at all.

Can this be turned off ?

Thanks

Owen

Posted Tue 07 Aug 18 @ 12:15 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)