Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Can USB to MIDI cable or USB soundcard with MIDI interface used with VDJ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello there. I have a question and hope anybody can help me out. Can VDJ8 be used with an USB to MIDI cable? And perhaps later with an USB soundcard with built-in midi interface? I have an older Midi controller that does not have a USB connection/controller on board, only 'old style" 5pin DIN connectors. I would like to use this controller with VDJ. Thx!

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 8:56 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Yes. For any Midi device that is not natively supported, you will be able to use it as "Simple MIDI" device, so most of the buttons, faders, knobs (and probably jogs) will be able to map with VDJ script actions, but not Leds (or any other Midi Out)

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 9:00 am
Thank you DJdad for quick response! Do you know if there is a page with compatible USB Midi devices, or do they work all?
Do you know if there is a way to do some midi out stuff to use LED's? Or is that nog possible?

Thank you!

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 9:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 10:13 am
Okay. Thank you very much for all the info! I have another question. I have 2 small controllers, which are the same. They are based on a Doepfer pocket electronics Contact to Midi board.

Is it possible to use each controller for each deck? If so, how do i remap this?

Posted Mon 06 Aug 18 @ 10:41 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
In Controllers tab you should get 2 entries of the same Simply Midi device and each one should offer. Deck Assignment drop list to select the deck(s) to assign to.
I have never tried this with Simply Midi units (that don't have a definition) but should work like that

Posted Tue 07 Aug 18 @ 7:04 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)