Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: UK Scratch School (run by Rane & DMC) and it's FREE!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Posted Mon 02 Jul 18 @ 7:16 pm
leneerPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2014
Very good
I think Atomix Productions can also do that.

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 2:06 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Signed up for the one in Manc, Cheers Groovin.

Posted Tue 03 Jul 18 @ 2:18 am
Went to this last night, all serato and macs.
The gear (12) was really tight, the mixer caused them a bit of embarrassment when switching djs.

Then was them showing stuff to avoid looking at the laptop but that was "clunky" to say the least.

The rane guys were friendly enought but a bit crap when it came to some of my technical questions. Best i got was 3600 tick resoulution, which is information but i was asking generally is it midi double midi, open hid or propriety (you need the sales guy to be the bright shiny personality to sell the product, but sometimes you need an engineer)

How it picks up the record pos is clever, and i broke the cap touch slider on one of the units (maybe I'm a bad earth!)

And because it was serato there was more than a few moments when they said "new feature" I just rolled me eyes, as most of their new stuff has worked in vdj for years.

But there was a few ideas that i could make as a plugin.

All in all no too bad,

Posted Wed 11 Jul 18 @ 7:13 am
Also had a shot on (i think numark) portable, it's a toy, a fun toy and I'd get one for a child (get 'em hooked young). For me the feed cut switch needs to be seperable from the unit, as is hou have to really brace your finger on the body to avert finger rumble.

Posted Wed 11 Jul 18 @ 7:23 am
Yeah, I guess part of the reason for these "schools" was for Rane to show off their Twelve control turntable. The portable was probably the Numark PT01 Scratch.

Posted Wed 11 Jul 18 @ 7:37 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)