Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Video max ram in VDJ with hybrid graphics

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a ASUS Zenbook pro (2017) with a GTX 1050ti card running Windows 10 (fall update) I'm not having any real performance issues to report although the waveform could be smoother, my concern is VDJ is only reporting 120mb of video ram even though i have set VDJ to use the 1050 ti card in the control panel and VDJ says its using the card. I have tried the force full screen to 1 trick but it still shows 120 in V Ram, I'm guessing it MUST be using more as some videos i'm loading are 200 to 300mb in size with no issues loading. whats really going on with these new laptops?

Posted Tue 05 Jun 18 @ 9:34 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
setting videoForceFullScreen to 1 is not recommended, unless you have some specific problems with leaving it at 0.

If you don't have any video issues, there is no need for VirtualDJ to use more video memory either.
In the case of dual gpu's, it is possible that the automatic detection is limited to the intel one, and it is possible to set a manual higher value that matches your nvidia's video memory.
The main benefit would be when you do a lot of scratching or looping with videos, and you notice that there is some delay before the video shows the correct position after such a jump. Otherwise there is no benefit to putting it higher than the recommended setting.

Posted Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 5:03 am
thank you for getting back to me with some helpful information!

Posted Wed 06 Jun 18 @ 5:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)