Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: American Audio VMS5 problems - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ampedupPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hi all,
I have been a VMS5 user since just a couple of weeks after it came out and love it for all intensive purposes. That being said, I know quite a bit about it but like most DJs probably only really use 30% of its capabilities. Well, I recently broke my back and have nothing but time to try to figure out some of the nice to haves that I have neglected.

So here is my issue, I am running it with multiple sound cards on WIN 10 (Internal laptop and Asio in controller). I am able to play perfectly on the Asio channels 2,3 and have my internal running on the first slider. I hear all windows sounds and can play from a browser, but I cannot play from a standalone application while connected via USB. So things like Windows Media Player, Spotify, or Amazon Music apps will not play at all. For instance in Spotify when I select to play a track, it just continually spins through all titles in the playlist without starting any. My windows sound is set to play on the Asio output. I have tried every configuration I can think of but no luck. As soon as I shut down the software and windows goes back to default soundcard everything plays just fine. I don't really care so much about most apps not working, but I do a lot of production. Work and would love to be able to show client videos and slides using preferred apps. I appreciate anybody that might have ideas. Sorry for being so long winded. Cheers all!

Posted Tue 18 Feb 20 @ 6:26 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)