Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: How can I toggle the 'over_video' attribute between left, right and neither decks?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a way with VDJscript that I could assign one button to toggle between the following states:

LEFT DECK: over_video (on) / RIGHT DECK: over_video (off)
LEFT DECK: over_video (off) /RIGHT DECK: over_video (on)
LEFT DECK: over_video (off) /RIGHT DECK: over_video (off)

Can I assign some VDJscript that tells the button to switch between these combinations?

Posted Tue 01 May 18 @ 3:02 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
deck left video_over ? deck right video_over 1 & deck left video_over 0 : deck right video_over ? deck right video_over 0 : deck left video_over 1

Meh i got the verb backwards change video_over to over_video

Posted Tue 01 May 18 @ 5:36 am
Thank you. This mostly worked...

But seems to only do something when video crossfader is cut over to deck B.

Maybe I am misunderstand what 'video_over' does exactly?

BTW the final code was: deck left over_video 0 ? deck right over_video 1 & deck left over_video 0 : deck right over_video ? deck right over_video 0 : deck left over_video 1

Posted Fri 18 May 18 @ 2:57 am
Remove the first zero

Posted Fri 18 May 18 @ 3:20 am
Something was still awry. Not sure what.

But I ended up adapting your other code from my repeat ticket and swapping out repeat_song for over_video:

deck 1 over_video ? deck 2 over_video ? deck 1 over_video 0 & deck 2 over_video 0 : deck 1 over_video 0 & deck 2 over_video 1 : deck 2 over_video ? deck 1 over_video 1 : deck 1 over_video 1

alternately...

deck left over_video ? deck right over_video ? deck left over_video 0 & deck left over_video 0 : deck left over_video 0 & deck right over_video 1 : deck right over_video ? deck left over_video 1 : deck left over_video 1

Problem is that once I hit it once, then over_video is always set to true for one deck or the other. So from that point, the video crossfader is effectively useless until I set both over_video values to 0. So a single-button toggle might not be the best bet. I could add a both-zero option to the toggle so it shuts off on the third press. But I was really more looking for something like a video transform (in the DJ definition of the word) button. Might be better for me to assign over_video on/off to two different buttons for the left/right decks specifically.

Posted Sat 19 May 18 @ 3:41 am
Ok i got the logic wrong,

deck 1 over_video ? deck 1 over_video 0 & deck 2 over_video 1 : deck 2 over_video ? deck 2 over_video 0 : deck 1 over_video 1

Is 1 over on? Yes turn 1 off turn 2 on : no 1 is off is 2 on? Yes turn 2 off : neither 1 or 2 is on turn 1 on

The hard bit with script if defining exactly what you want, if you break it down step by step even just in plain english changing that to script is easy and even if you get stuck on the correct verbs help is easier to find as the hard bit has been done.

Posted Sat 19 May 18 @ 4:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)