Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Does the Pioneer DJM 450 Have support for DVS in virtual DJ ??? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi There,

I made my decision and just ordered a Traktor Z2 and would like to know what control vinyl currently works best withvirtual DJ, I have a pair of serato performence series, a pair of rekordbox cv and will have a pair of traktor mk 2 vinyl with the traktor z2 unit.

Is it best to buy the virtual DJ control vinyl ?

Thanks

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 12:41 pm
Since you have the money to buy a controller, buy the VDJ vinyl to add to your collection. This way you can try all four, and make your own decision. Or try the three you have, and if they work great, you won't need to buy the VDJ vinyl. It's not that big of a purchase, so get the VDJ vinyl and add to your collection, they have some great colors. This way, if one of our members says that VDJ works the best, you will already have them. However, you will still have to decide which works better for you, because your parameters will be different. Your OS, computer, peripherals, etc. will all be different.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 8:44 pm
I just want the clear control vinyl lol. The serato is great but its green and I have these sick slipmats I like to look at through the clear cfontrol vinyl that I used on rekordbox a while back, I will get the virtual dj cv, it has to work as well as serato vinyl , thanks for the reply

Posted Tue 24 Apr 18 @ 6:02 am
JennaFHome userMember since 2018
I recently purchased a DJM-450 and it didn't come with the Rekordbox license since it was used. I have no strong desire to purchase Rekordbox, especially since their customer support was useless and dismissive when I asked about the license. For that reason and others, I would like to use Virtual DJ.

My setup is two Technics 1200 MK5s and the DJM-450. I don't see the DJM-450 listed in the supported controllers, but I'd like to get Virtual DJ. Since I am super new at this whole thing, I have a couple of questions.

1. How much use will I get out of VDJ with this mixer, since it's not officially supported? Will I be able to mix songs, use effects, etc? Is it just a matter of midi mapping? Anything in particular I should be aware of?

2. I am primarily interested in DVS. Am I correct in my understanding of this thread that DVS simply requires the sound from the timecode record to come through the system, and I'm good to go?

Thanks for any help and advice you can provide!

Posted Tue 26 Jun 18 @ 10:39 pm
JennaF wrote :
I don't see the DJM-450 listed in the supported controllers

You don't strictly need it to be.

It's primarily a standalone mixer, so you can use it quite happily with VDJ by using the "external mixer" config in VDJ (sending each VDJ deck to separate inputs of the mixer). Then you just mix as you would if there was no computer.

In other words, the mixer does not need to "control" the on-screen mixer in VDJ. You have a real mixer, the on-screen one is not required.

Posted Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 4:28 pm
JennaFHome userMember since 2018
Ok, cool, thank you. :)

Posted Wed 27 Jun 18 @ 9:40 pm
How are you Jenna ? What music do you mix ?

Posted Mon 09 Jul 18 @ 6:17 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)