Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: Microphone on broadcast ONLY

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Hello,

I am using VDJ 8 and a DDJSX2. I stream to a relay server which feeds to my internet radio station, while I spin at the club. I was hoping to use the mic-in feature using the laptop mic input, to do DJ shouts that my radio listeners hear, but not to the main output in the club. I have found a work around by doubling up my main output and a booth output on the same SX2 channels, but I feel that is inappropriate use of the audio route settings. Also, what I noticed is that it doubles the output volume, which might be an issue for clipping and such.

It would be great to have a button or setting to feed the mic input to broadcast/recording only without going to main output. It would be fine to hear it in the headphones as well (though I'm sure some people would not like that)

Thanks,
Tom

Posted Sat 24 Mar 18 @ 10:25 pm
you could set it so mic doesn't go to booth and use that for the club and the main for broadcast.

there's a setting no mic on booth output

Posted Sun 25 Mar 18 @ 1:55 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
SX2 has a dedicated record input "AUX/MIC" which records/broadcasts your mix along with the microphone input , so you could add a line in your audio setup as..
record ... DDJ-SX2 ... Chan 1,2
and use VDJ Broadcast button directly from your main computer

EDIT. Ah you don't want MIC to Master. In that case check SX2 Utilities for the setting as previously mentioned. Page 24
BTW, there can't be any software/VDJ option for this, as the microphone input of the sx2 is hardware, so can't be included in audio setup, neither can be controlled by VDJ mic section

Posted Sun 25 Mar 18 @ 6:40 am
RaguTomPRO InfinityMember since 2011
Thanks for the responses!

Setting the output to both master and both at the same time did the job (though really round-about)

The sx2 definitely has a hardware microphone stage, so that was always off of the table. The VDJ option would be for utilizing the computer's mic-in jack or with controllers that support software microphone chains.

Tom

Posted Mon 26 Mar 18 @ 12:40 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)