Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: New skin feature in VirtualDJ v1.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Dev staffHome userSenior staffMember since 2003
The new VirtualDJ (to be released in a few weeks) will let the skins define "panels".

A panel is a zone which can contain other elements, and that can be shown or hided at will.

You can thus either define a group of control that can be shown or hided, or define several group of controls that can be switched for the same place.

We thought we should let you know that before the release of the new version, so that you can start thinking about how you could use that to improve your skins ;)

Enjoy and stay tuned...

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 6:37 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Great news :)
But, it's hard to imagine as we don't know what to skin on these panels.
Neverstheless, if someone will release a skin soon, he had better to wait VDJ 1.1 by now.
Thanks for this news!

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 9:29 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
When a panel is closed, what about the space gained: Will the other elements grow up to fit new space (like Traktor I mean)??
FRUiT94

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 10:32 am
Sounds great! I can't wait to try it.

Space is always an issue when designing skins. Buttons and sliders have to be big enough and all the features have to be included. This will help alot.

Any coding examples... so I can start upgrading my skins...

- Jim

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 7:42 pm
Fruit:
If I understand the VDJ-skinengine correctly, I think this will not be the case... because you define the areas for the elements in the XML-file and they are not modified by the VDJ.

- Jim

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 7:46 pm
So if we can define panels that can be closed, What do the free space become. Blank?

Or I misunderstand the purpose of the panels. As you Jim, I would like to get some xml examples to start upgrading the skins.

FRUiT94

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 10:44 pm
I would imagine that you specify in your xml file two areas from your BMP-file with the same size. When you then switch between panels.... the area is replaced by the other.

I think you can think of it as buttons... (original area and selcted area) There too, you have to specify a selected area that replaces the original area with the "selected"/"Down"/"Over"- area.

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 11:13 pm
Thanks Jim that way could be great. I hope you're right.

FRUiT94

Posted Fri 24 Oct 03 @ 11:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)