Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: SoundSwitch - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

gmediaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
PhantomDeejay wrote :
You can easily add "pads" support to any program that accepts MIDI in/out
Here's an example for another program: http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/218737/VirtualDJ_Plugins/The_Advanced_Freestyler_integration_thread.html
This method can be used with any program (it needs to be adopted of course) and for a simple task such as mapping 8 buttons you should be up and running in 15 minutes

Did you see my message to you above? Is this something we can easily do all ourselves, or do we have to have help from SoundSwitch?

Chris

Posted Tue 09 Jul 19 @ 5:30 pm
Jaff999PRO InfinityMember since 2019
Hi guys, I'm presently using VDJ8 pro, on a MacBook Pro and I've recently bought into Soundswitch 2 for my lighting rig, via an Enttec DMX USB Pro Mk2. Whilst, initially, everything appeared fine - I've noticed that I'm only getting activity on the lights from Deck 1 within VDJ - when I mix to Deck 2 - nada.

Anyone got an idea what I've done wrong - as I've exhausted my limited skill range :-)

cheers

R

Posted Sat 03 Aug 19 @ 9:00 am
Jaff999 wrote :
Hi guys, I'm presently using VDJ8 pro, on a MacBook Pro and I've recently bought into Soundswitch 2 for my lighting rig, via an Enttec DMX USB Pro Mk2. Whilst, initially, everything appeared fine - I've noticed that I'm only getting activity on the lights from Deck 1 within VDJ - when I mix to Deck 2 - nada.

Anyone got an idea what I've done wrong - as I've exhausted my limited skill range :-)

cheers

R

You probably haven’t mapped the cross fader within SoundSwitch yet.

Click on the midi tab and then look external mixer.

There you should be able to map the cross fader as well as the upfaders.

Posted Sat 03 Aug 19 @ 1:03 pm
There is little love from some people here for some reason, but I wanted you to know that SoundSwitch has launched a new version 2.1.

I am about to dive in, but it has some major changes and enhancements, especially for VDJ users. SS now supports VDJ's OS2L protocol. The SS/VDJ plugin is no longer needed. There are several other features, but you can see them here:

https://support.soundswitch.com/hc/en-us/articles/360032501451-SoundSwitch-2-1

If you have had or get the chance to really check it out, consider posting your thoughts and tips here.

Sincerely,
Chris

Posted Tue 01 Oct 19 @ 3:52 pm
So I am having a hard time getting VDJ and SS to connect consistently. I know you have to turn OS2L on "yes" or "Auto" in VDJ settings. I can generally get them to connect if I have done a fresh reboot, but if I have to close VDJ or SS, or put my PC to sleep. It seems there are no consistent steps to get them reconnected aside from a reboot.

Anyone have insight here?

Anyone have a lot of experience with OS2L? I don't really know the ins and outs of the protocol. I don't know the nuances, etc. Is there sn easy way to reset it without rebooting your PC?

Chris

Posted Sun 06 Oct 19 @ 3:48 pm

gmedia wrote :
So I am having a hard time getting VDJ and SS to connect consistently. I know you have to turn OS2L on "yes" or "Auto" in VDJ settings. I can generally get them to connect if I have done a fresh reboot, but if I have to close VDJ or SS, or put my PC to sleep. It seems there are no consistent steps to get them reconnected aside from a reboot.

Anyone have insight here?

Anyone have a lot of experience with OS2L? I don't really know the ins and outs of the protocol. I don't know the nuances, etc. Is there sn easy way to reset it without rebooting your PC?

Chris

I noticed this same issue yesterday when messing around with SS. I thought maybe I wasn't doing something right.

Posted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 2:51 pm
DJDougiejay wrote :
hi guys
just trying out ss for the first time and i cant seem to get my virtual folders to load in ss??? it does see the playlists i have but i dont normally use playlist unless its for background music. also does it matter that they are video tracks??

yhanks for your help

I'm having this same issue? Did you ever get it resolved? I did a team viewer with SS yesterday and they couldn't get it figured out so they are going to contact VDJ.

Posted Tue 08 Oct 19 @ 2:53 pm
Similar issue, i cant get the connection (blue light in SS), but they do not sync. ie. SS bpm stays at 20, whereas the VDJ song tempo varies, Am i doing something wrong?
have reached out to SS, but no reply yet

Posted Fri 25 Oct 19 @ 4:47 am
I apologize guys. Sometimes I don't get any alerts from VDJ form activity. Not sure what the deal is.

So I was able to work out my connection issues with SS Support after doing all of the Windows 10 updates. I'm not sure if it had anything to do with it or not. Restarting the PC often helped as well. Certainly there's some work to be done on working out some sketchiness. I don;t know if it is a VDJ or SS issue. I am having connection success as of right now though.

Tell me if you are having the same issues after doing all of the windows updates (including optional ones). I'd be curious to know.

Sincerely,
Chris

Posted Sat 26 Oct 19 @ 2:33 am
Hey guys, just about to get a couple of moving heads and Soundswitch and have some questions.

1 - Is it just as simple as loading a track in VDJ and SS will play to the beatgrid (assuming the track has not been individually scripted)?

2 - Can the preset script or auto sound to light mode be overridden (for example if I want to focus the heads on something or change speed / colour)?

3 - Can this be done with the APC mini and do the LEDs on the controller light up?

4 - Any luck with pad support as I have the MCX8000 and it would be easier than buying another controller.

Thanks!

Posted Thu 28 Nov 19 @ 1:07 pm
kradcliffe wrote :

1 - Is it just as simple as loading a track in VDJ and SS will play to the beatgrid (assuming the track has not been individually scripted)?
2 - Can the preset script or auto sound to light mode be overridden (for example if I want to focus the heads on something or change speed / colour)?
3 - Can this be done with the APC mini and do the LEDs on the controller light up?
4 - Any luck with pad support as I have the MCX8000 and it would be easier than buying another controller.

Hey kradcliffe!
1. You have to manually go through and create a script for each track. If there is no custom script created, then it will pull from your "Autoloops".

You have to select one of these 5 options [below] to tell it what Autoloop bank to play from or use the default "Play All Banks". These will run only in the absence of a custom/auto script or if you press a MIDI Autoloop button and have the "Override Scripted Tracks" option selected (I'm pretty sure I am correct on that last part.).

The good news is that you can create a custom show for multiple tracks at one time. SS currently does not allow you to select a whole Windows Folder, but you can create a playlist of Virtual folder, open it up in SS, select all of the tracks, RIGHT-CLICK your mouse and select "Autoscript Selected Tracks". You can tweak the parameters before it auto-creates the shows/scripts. Then after it creates them, you can completely customize any of them. You can create a show from scratch without first using the "Autoscript" feature first for that matter.

2. Yes, you can override a scripted show by using an "Autoloop and/or a "Static Look". While in Performance Mode you go to the MIDI section and select an Autoloop or Static Look. It sounds like the Static Look is what you are needing for precise control of moving heads, etc. I can't remember, but it seems that the rest of your sown will pull from the script or autoloop, but whatever you setup in one of your "Static Looks" will change. So the show will be the same except all of a sudden the moving lights all aim towards the center of the dance floor, because you pressed the button you programmed labeled "Center", for instance.

3. Yes. You can easily map any autoloop or static look to the mini (as I have). Unfortunately, they have not taken the time to program LED feedback yet. You'll have to use stickers or something. I have mentioned this to the SS team multiple times, and I know it is on their radar to implement. When? Who knows. Kind of sad, as it is not as easy to keep track of things.

4. I think this is on their radar, but not sure when. The ideal would be to map SS to VDJ soft buttons. Whatever controller you would use would be irrelevant at that point.

Happy Thanksgiving :)
Chris

Posted Thu 28 Nov 19 @ 4:31 pm
Looks like it will work out just fine with a bit of work.

Thanks for your help!

Posted Thu 28 Nov 19 @ 4:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)