Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Pricing help on add removal

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Given the system no longer works without buying a licence (it crashes every time an ad appears) can someone help me find the minimum purchase available to remove adds, I don't have controllers or want subscriptions. It looks like there is a $49 option that will remove them. Is there a simple 'home licence' with no adds option that is less expensive than $49? I need to know so I can compare VDJ to others available on the market in a similar price range before i make any purchase decisions.

Any help much appreciated..

Posted Sat 16 Dec 17 @ 7:42 pm
You can remove the adds simply by not allowing virtual dj to have internet access. Go into the settings of your security such as Norton. click on Firewall options then program control. Scroll down till you reach virtual dj . It will give you the option to block it.....choose to block it and press apply. Go out of your security and open up virtual dj. where the ad would appear there is just a blank window. You now will have no issues with the program working as it cant access the internet. if you want to update virtual dj just go back into security and unblock it.

Posted Sat 16 Dec 17 @ 10:56 pm
Really...................What's cheaper than $49.00?????

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 5:29 am
Thanks Zurrbret, great tip! At least I can use the software again now.. Thank you!

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 11:31 am
Thanks for your guidance 'A man and his music' way to be helpful and welcoming to a brand new member interested in purchasing the product keep up the good work....

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 11:34 am
Thanks for the links 'wildcountryclub' I have had a look and my difficulty is that although I would be happy to make the $49 purchase I can't see how to select it. The list of controllers does not display a price until you select them so I would have to go through every single one to find the $49 one. It also feels weird to select a licence for a controller I don't even own just to remove adds. Surely there is a simple 'just remove adds' option and as I don't need any licences/subscriptions surely it would not be as expensive as and add removal option that comes with a licence. I'm surprised no one has asked this question which makes me think I'm missing something here. Either way thanks again for your help.

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 11:44 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
At the moment there is no license just to remove ads, so a controller license is indeed the cheapest alternative.
The Numark PartyMix is one example of a controller with a controller license for $49.

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 1:05 pm
darrenspl wrote :
Given the system no longer works without buying a licence (it crashes every time an ad appears) can someone help me find the minimum purchase available to remove adds, I don't have controllers or want subscriptions. It looks like there is a $49 option that will remove them. Is there a simple 'home licence' with no adds option that is less expensive than $49? I need to know so I can compare VDJ to others available on the market in a similar price range before i make any purchase decisions.

Any help much appreciated..

I thought I was being helpful. You said you wanted to compare this software to others. So, my question to you was, what is cheaper than $49.00? Which software on the market compares to the features that this software has, that is less than $49.00? You have been here since 2011, so I thought that you would be able to let us know your findings.

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 7:33 pm
WTF! Cant even run it without ads. Constantly freezes. How am I ment to become a future dj if it doesnt even run correctly? ... FYI. Cant do that Firewall trick, as the program is not there.

Posted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 1:43 am
as an experiment:
if you are having freezes with ads running then please post COMPLETE system specs of the pc or mac you are trying to run it on and with any controller connected if any.

it would really help to understand exactly what is going on with user's systems who are having issues a lot more than just saying 'it's freezing/crashing/etc".

Posted Mon 18 Dec 17 @ 2:57 am
Thanks Adion, exactly what I needed to know!

Posted Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 11:36 pm
OK 'a man and his music' I did understand your passive aggressive 'helpful' comment just didn't appreciate it. Thanks for sharing my account information with the group please feel not to share anything else about my registration with the general public. My new member comments were in reference to my potential purchase and interaction with the forum not the date I first registered on the site. If it's all the same to you the other members have looked after me and been more than supportive so I'm sure your time would be much better spent elsewhere.

Posted Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 11:43 pm
It's OK if you didn't appreciate my helpful information. As for your account information, I don't have access to that, your member info is under your avatar, just like everyone else's. Glad to see that your issue has been addressed, and you are able to use the software without ads. Have a great Holiday.

Posted Fri 22 Dec 17 @ 3:44 am
I'M going to say what everyone is thinking. 2011 was 7 years ago.. to test something it takes me 1 day.. not having adds and adds making it crash is not a issue with adds its with a computer issue.. after seeing this i took the old hp garbage computer and loaded the software with out adding in the serial i have .. it ran for three days and the logos were in my video . I saw the adds and i get why you want t have the feature unlocked. But in order to have the software we have we had to pay as members. remember you do have other options. You can buy a controller that comes with this software.. it worked fine . i have 6 disks full as i have 8 controllers and also have l.e virtual dj from the old days. I have 288 dj gigs this year and had one crash.. the crash is because i made a custom dj controller and messed up and it took me out.. !00% my fault. !00 % fixed issue..

Posted Sun 24 Dec 17 @ 7:15 pm
tycoonentertainmentcanada wrote :
not having adds and adds making it crash is not a issue with adds its with a computer issue..

You don't know what the problem since not much info was given to begin with. Declaring it a computer issue based on just your testing is lame. Easy for someone to find out what the problem is if anyone took the time to do it which would include user and atomix help. Most likely something with the IE browser if I had to guess or could be a number of things.

Posted Wed 27 Dec 17 @ 8:34 am
Script error dialogs, security alert dialogs, etc. can come up in IE which is the browser VDJ uses for ads under windows. Once these come up they need to be dismissed by you otherwise VDJ will not respond to mouse input etc. These dialogs can be turned off but really should not be the users responsibly. I let it run for while not signed in and I had about 10 dialogs being displayed from IE.

I think they need another game plan for ads because what they have now sucks. There are ways to deal with it without turning off the internet but since they are ads for Atomix I don't feel like I should mention them. Just know that the browser they use for ads is Internet Explorer.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 3:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)