This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Will Rane twelve be supported in VDJ8?
This is really nice decks!

Posted Mon 27 Nov 17 @ 11:41 am
I want to know if rane twelve will support VDJ8.2

Posted Sun 21 Jan 18 @ 5:11 pm
AzmaelPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I would love to know as well.
It seems like a neat solution regarding needle skipping and also wear & tear.

Posted Mon 22 Jan 18 @ 2:52 pm
Interested as well...

Posted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 5:23 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Well, they are supported by Serato now...

Posted Thu 05 Apr 18 @ 7:44 am
GibrawnControlleristMember since 2015
I just bought the Rane 12 and I'm sad that its not supported by VDJ. I really do not want to switch to Serato. Anyone know if there are plans to support it?

Posted Wed 11 Apr 18 @ 11:51 pm

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 1:32 am
The only hardware supported immediately on release are things that ship with VDJ software.

Anything else requires patience while Atomix obtain the hardware and work on support.

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 6:43 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Thu 12 Apr 18 @ 8:17 pm
Does that mean it wont work with VDJ? Also, it being general midi is it mainly a mapping thing? If so can a user create their own mapping?

Posted Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 3:29 am
Djratedxxx919 wrote :
Does that mean it wont work with VDJ? Also, it being general midi is it mainly a mapping thing? If so can a user create their own mapping?

1. Yes, it's not supported yet

2. Yes, but most new controllers are not just general midi. They are general midi plus something nstively developed to handle thing like platters, screens and so.on. So those extra things you won't be able to map

Posted Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 5:02 am
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
[RANT]

All this propriety stuff is (English swearword b two l's ending in ks)
If it says midi on the box it should all be midi, also us dj's (no matter which sw we use) should demand that the hw makers bash heads and create a open HID standard.

It's honestly sickening the price of high end gear that you can't repurpose to whatever application you want, if it's not a open protocol do you actually own the hw?

If i buy a hid device (essentially all controllers are, a device a human interacts with) and that sends information to a computer (something you can write programs for) then i should be able to use it for whatever i want, anything with a api, controller to interact with photoshop, literally everything.

It's just the money men (women or the pardre's partner in procreation) stifling the artists.2

This is why i respect atomix, they gave a us a api so we could make cool shit and put it on the internets,
Solid business plan,
Write a api: pay attention to the cool shit the hive mind produces: (everybody) profit(s)

[/RANT]

Posted Mon 16 Apr 18 @ 1:54 pm
GibrawnControlleristMember since 2015
I'm hoping that it can be supported soon. I have tried the mapping process myself but I am no expert so I have not been able to get anything working. As of now I've just been using it with Serato Pro but I really don't want to switch over from VDJ8.

Posted Tue 17 Apr 18 @ 8:14 am
Just here to say... lets get the Twelve going STAT and then the Seventy-Two.

Posted Tue 17 Apr 18 @ 10:22 pm
AzmaelPRO InfinityMember since 2017
I did not want to wait for rane 12 support, so I got a regular turntable and I am waiting for phase. The feedback from the worlds best turntablists was enough to convince me it is going to work well.
In the meantime, dvs works just fine for me.

Posted Sun 22 Apr 18 @ 8:03 pm
Rane recalls this turntable. Check this out.

Posted Mon 23 Apr 18 @ 8:23 pm
I just wondered if there's been any movement towards getting this mapped?

Is there any way I can help? Throw some money at it? what will it take? It's a smokin' controller!

I'm stuck with serato if I want to use it.

Any news??

Thanks!

Posted Sun 19 Aug 18 @ 6:23 am
What he said!! ☝

Posted Thu 30 Aug 18 @ 7:37 pm
Why are we still waiting for definitions for this device? I was under the impression the Twelve sends generic midi data, so compatibility doesn't seem a likely sticking point, Rane even alluded to the open-platform compatibility in the whitesheet. Admittedly Twelves aren't flying off the shelves, (the recall didn't help that score) so is it simply lack of interest keeping it low on the devs to-do list? I love my Twelves, but I despise Serato. So here I sit in limbo with 1500 bucks worth of controller, that I can only play around with in my garage, because I only gig with Virtual DJ.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 18 @ 12:23 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The platters send some propriety data, that's what the guy from Rane said at a demo I went to last year.

Posted Fri 21 Dec 18 @ 9:33 pm
18%