Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Song Pauses on VDJ7 While Searching For Songs

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hopefully someone can help me.

I am running a fully paid for and registered version of Virtual DJ on an HP laptop with Windows 7 and 12GB of RAM and a 1 TB internal hard drive. I use an external hard drive for DJing. The wifi and internet are always off. I only use the laptop for DJing. I use the NuMark MixDeck Quad as my controller.

Over the last few months I've noticed that every 4th or 5th party i do, VDJ will pause a song while I am searching for another. My mouse is always in the search area. I always have the cursor clicked on the search bar so as not to accidentally have "s" or the space bar pause the song. When this does happen, it only happens once. The computer does not freeze, the song does not skip or recue, it just pauses.

Has anyone else had this issue? Sounds silly, but in the one venue where I perform multiple times a year, due to space, the setup requires me setting my laptop up on the stand almost directly above the controller. I thought maybe my elbow was accidentally hitting the pause button on the controller. It's actually not inconceivable. But it happened last night at another venue where my laptop is set up off to the right side of the controller.

Any thoughts or advice on why this randomly happens?

Thank you in advance.

Posted Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 3:10 pm
You posted in VDJ7 area. Are you using v7?

Anyway...
It could be your harddrive going to sleep, and then (partly) locking up your system when it spins back up
It that case you need to change your power settings to that the harddrive (or anything else, really) never goes to sleep

Posted Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 5:44 pm
klausmogensen wrote :
You posted in VDJ7 area. Are you using v7?

Anyway...
It could be your harddrive going to sleep, and then (partly) locking up your system when it spins back up
It that case you need to change your power settings to that the harddrive (or anything else, really) never goes to sleep

Hi. Yes im using VDJ7. ill look into the power settings. Didn't think of that since this doesn't happen during a period of inactivity.

Posted Sun 05 Nov 17 @ 6:23 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)