Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-RX2 Unofficial Support - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

We've noticed that Pioneer XDJ-RX2 becomes a very popular controller among VirtualDj users.
We are working very hard to provide full support for the unit as soon as possible.
In the meanwhile we've decided to release a temporary unofficial mapper for users that already have purchased the unit and have a PRO license

You can download the mapper from our add-ons page by using the following link: http://www.virtualdj.com/plugins/index.html?addonid=80673

This unofficial mapper is provided "as is" without any warranties that it will perform up to 100% of our expectations. The main part of the controller should work, but screen support has not been embedded on this mapper.

Once we are able to finish official support, this mapper will be deleted from our add-ons page, and it will be included on the regular VirtualDj updates.

Update Dec 7, 2017:
Partial screen support has been added on the mapper. Also a couple of bugs have been fixed. In order to use the new mapper you need to download it again from the link above and reinstall it. Any users that have used the previous mapper and made their own custom mappers, need to delete them in order to get the screen working with the new mapper.

Posted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 7:36 am
Can't wait to try it!

Posted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 5:17 pm
Just wondering when the screen support will be included? Will this be in the unofficial addon in an update at some point? So grateful for the speed in which the addon has been released - thank you VDJ staff!

Posted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 6:08 pm
After seven years of being on the forum, you should know that Atomix never give dates. They only say "when it's ready".

Posted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 6:51 pm
You would think I would know that....;)

Posted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 7:05 pm
Hey guys, Do you know what the sound card settings are? I just tried it and the song loads so far. Thanks On my Mac

Posted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 9:22 pm
The mapper should provide a button on Audio Setup to configure it automatically.
In any case, the mapper is designed to work with "Master+Headphones" audio setup (in other words the mixing is done from VirtualDj and not XDJ-RX2 hardware)

PS:
Despite the fact that you're using a MAC, you need to download and install drivers (in case you haven't done so) from the Pioneer Dj website for the unit to work correctly:
https://www.pioneerdj.com/en/support/software/xdj-rx2/#drivers

Posted Mon 23 Oct 17 @ 9:36 pm
Tried it on my mac last night, all basic functions seem to work fine, play, cue, hot cues, faders, eq etc..

Posted Tue 24 Oct 17 @ 9:49 pm
cj-janPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Nice, thanks for the mapper, I'll give it a try. Hope to get full support incl screens asap in VDJ!

Posted Sun 03 Dec 17 @ 6:45 pm
*Any updates on the Official mapper so we can have full use of the screens and the entire controller?

Thank you, :)

Posted Tue 05 Dec 17 @ 9:47 pm
The updates will be released when they are finished. They don't have the updates, and just sit on them.

Posted Wed 06 Dec 17 @ 8:44 am
You funny Rick. Thats why i love ya

Posted Thu 07 Dec 17 @ 7:37 am
Partial screen support has been included on unofficial mapper as of today.

Full official support (with full screen support as well) is coming, but as always, no ETA can be provided.

Posted Thu 07 Dec 17 @ 5:53 pm
Can I ask how much screen is 'Partial Support'? As I haven't been able to use my XDJ-RX2 with VDJ a cancelled my subscription for a couple of months but will reactivate it again when it's usable - I hate Rekordbox!

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 10:49 am
Right now most of the screen is supported. In fact, only the big SCRATCH waveform is not present on the unofficial mapper at this moment

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 11:02 am
Following this. :)

Posted Wed 13 Dec 17 @ 6:11 pm
Well after using/being forced to use Rekordbox for the last 2 months since i bought my XDJ-RX2 I decided to restart by subscription and use VDJ again last night. It was a dream - everything was how it should be, all my playlists, fast load times - was like coming home! Wanted to say thanks to the team for their continued work. Can't wait for full screen support now.
Just a couple of things I noticed - I couldn't get the screen on the RX2 to show time remaining, only showed time elapsed. Also when moving the pitch fader, the BPM master was doing weird things, as if it was matching the 2 BPMs of the decks (which I didn't want it to) but thankfully this didn't happen in the software.

No crashes, sound quality was great, just a little glitch with videos that I will report separately but I don't think that was to do with the RX2.

Thanks again!

Posted Sun 17 Dec 17 @ 10:36 am
Hey Sidney,

I also had that same issue with the time remaining not showing and the video a little laggy, At least the screen shows the song title and such. Also the pads are not lighting correct yet. But i am sure when the official release of the full mapping everything will work as it should. I am also waiting. I love the sound, jog wheel response. Also notice that the effects w the little white buttons don't work correctly. But love the controller.

Posted Tue 19 Dec 17 @ 7:30 pm
Dziękuje ślicznie wykupiłem wersje Pro i czekamy niecierpliwie na wersie końcową rx 2

Posted Wed 27 Dec 17 @ 9:08 pm
To jest angielskojezyczne forum, dziekuje.

Posted Thu 28 Dec 17 @ 1:34 am
38%