Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Pioneer XDJ-RX2 Unofficial Support - Page: 3

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hello again! My RX2 arrived yesterday and I'm trying to customise the mapper and I can't make the rotary push button to behave as I want :)
Down below you can see how I would like to work but instead expected behavior I get this: when I first click on the browser_song window then I push and hold the button the song is being added to playlist (as expected). When I'm holding again the push button nothing happens. I have to do a simple push and release then push&hold the button in order to add a song to playlist. Same behavior on removing duplicates from automix playlist: I have to do a push then another push&hold to remove the duplicates. What am I doing wrong? v8.2 b4291 and 1.31 firmware
Thanks.

name: browse_push

action: holding ? browser_window 'songs' ? playlist_add : browser_window 'automix' ? playlist_remove_duplicates : browser_window 'song' : browser_window 'song'

expected behavior: add song to automix window when in browser_window song, remove duplicates when in automix window and focus on browser_window songs no matter where the coursor is focused and the button is pushed

Posted Tue 08 May 18 @ 4:59 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Unfortunately the "holding" will not work for this button. Its a firmware issue. When the button is held instead of fast-click, the unit doesnt send x00 data on release, so VirtualDJ doesnt know how long its been pressed, in fact it thinks that its still pressed. If fast-clicked, unit properly sends x00 on release, so next time the holding will work.

As a workaround, you can use double-fast-press.
Try ..
doubleclick 300ms ? browser_window 'songs' ? playlist_add : browser_window 'automix' ? playlist_remove_duplicates : browser_window 'songs' : browser_window 'songs'
Change the ms value (time interval between 2 presses) to your preference

Posted Wed 09 May 18 @ 10:09 am
Yep, works like a charm. Thanks again djdad!

Posted Thu 10 May 18 @ 7:35 pm
Hello!
Today I had the first party using the RX2. Unfortunally rx2 has frozen 3 times. The screen and leds had frozen and remained lit even after I've turned off the power from the power switch. Virtualdj continued playing (without sound) like nothing happened. After turning it on again vdj displayed a pop-up message that the rx2 has been detected. First freez was after about 4 hours, second freez was after 1/2 hour from starting the rx2. In the second freeze the display was blurry with many pixels visible. I will try to upload a picture of frozen display. Does it happened to anybody also?
Thanks,
Marius

Posted Sat 12 May 18 @ 9:45 pm
mariushallangos wrote :
Hello!
Today I had the first party using the RX2. Unfortunally rx2 has frozen 3 times. The screen and leds had frozen and remained lit even after I've turned off the power from the power switch. Virtualdj continued playing (without sound) like nothing happened. After turning it on again vdj displayed a pop-up message that the rx2 has been detected. First freez was after about 4 hours, second freez was after 1/2 hour from starting the rx2. In the second freeze the display was blurry with many pixels visible. I will try to upload a picture of frozen display. Does it happened to anybody also?
Thanks,
Marius

Hello Marius!
Two weeks ago i had exactly the same problem (but only once). I have no idea why it happened. Does anyone else have an idea?
Greetings
Alex

Posted Sun 13 May 18 @ 4:50 pm
I suspect that rx2's souncard or driver is the cause for freezing. I let vdj over night playing in automix mode using an external souncard (esi u46dj) and this morning everything was ok. I only hope that the issue can be fixed in next firmware version or/and driver.
I've read on pioneer's forum that many users complain about freezing when they use rekordbox dj. I cannot open a support ticket because you have to mention what version of rekordbox you were using when freezing took place and I have used virtualdj not rekordbox. I'll do some test this week with rekordbox then I'll open a ticket.
I am curious if other vdj users have this freezing issue...Thanks.

Posted Mon 14 May 18 @ 8:12 am
Hello again!
Good news: I have uninstalled the antivirus (Bitdefender) and the freezes are gone. I have tested rx2 this weekend at home for a 24h non-stop mix (for a few hours manual mixing then over night automix). Then again one 12h session alternating manual/automixing. I'll do more tests this week and I'm going to give it a try live next sunday.
I have noticed that when I load long mixes (over 30 minutes) the waveform is being displayed only for the first 30 minutes on the rx2's display. The preload setting in config is set to -1 (always preload entire song). I wonder what would be the cause for that behavior?

Posted Sun 20 May 18 @ 7:35 pm
Firmware limitation

Posted Sun 20 May 18 @ 8:00 pm
Thanks for your answer PhantomDeejay!

Posted Mon 21 May 18 @ 8:45 am
Unfortunately rx2 had frozen again few times. I can't find a pattern. This time I was testing on a MacBook Pro (mid 2009 core2duo 2.8 GHz, 8GB ram, ssd, OS x El Capitan 10.11.6). The most recent freeze took place about 5 minutes after I have started to mix. I've installed rekordbox on Mac and I'm going to test if it will freeze again. :(

Posted Mon 28 May 18 @ 5:46 pm
Buy the license of the RX2, the problem is that the software does not recognize the internal sound card, then the screen goes well and the controls work properly but I do not detect the internal card of the RX2 any help ??
The firmware is updated with patch 1.31, I have a Macbook Pro with OSX High Sierra, IntelCore i7, 16RAM and a 1TB SSD

Posted Mon 28 May 18 @ 9:57 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Tue 29 May 18 @ 10:14 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)