Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Collapse all open folders script. - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

In his video it appears that he waits for the script to finish and then he clicks on the effect slot.
If that's the case then my comment above stands still.
If he doesn't wait for the script to finish then yes this could happen since browser_scroll command can be used to scroll effects list as well.

However as I said a couple posts above he's not supposed to do that. He's supposed to wait a couple secs for the script to finish.
And placing focus back on folders / browser should allow the script to finish properly.

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 6:38 pm
Should be implemented like a normal tree control internally and maybe with direct script for it. Should have been done in the first place along with other standard behavior for tree controls. While at it, they should fix list, scrollbars, and menu buttons that don't have standard behavior.

In other words, rather than propagating poor behavior promote things that will make the program better.

Not a big deal but your script will also dismiss drop down list if they are pinned. Not always but guess it depends on browser tree expansion.

Posted Sun 23 Jul 17 @ 6:50 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hm..so with a technical problem this was the response ;

@the SOUND INSURGENT - Rons drunk again, lmao!!

A derogatory comment typical of the senior users on this forum.

@groovindj - Considering how verbose you are on here, I was surprised you didn't have a single word to say during the entire five minutes!

A snide comment. I was holding a mobile phone shooting a video for the first time and was unaware of the microphone. Since I had little time I thought I did well.

@bigron:
Are you absolutely sure you copy/paste the script exactly as it is ?

@phantom I included a close up of the script in the video so that you could check it and if there was a problem advise/rectify. I've now decided it's unprofessional and potentially unstable.

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 8:52 pm
bigron1 wrote :
I was holding a mobile phone......was unaware of the microphone

Eh? How do you think the person on the other end of the phone hears you speak?

....and yes, when you use the phone to record video it records sound too.

First there was the ironing of the plastic shower curtain. Now there's not knowing a phone has a mic. ROFL!

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 8:59 pm
Still at it..you're a disgrace to anything resembling a person trying to help.

Why don't you finish your recruiting for your own forum and leave those who want to help in peace.
Got any new recruits lately?

.. and I detested your offer.

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 9:06 pm
Come on Ron, it was all in good fun.

Hell I even asked for thee steps to reproduce it so I could try and help you out.

And I'm not a senior user, I'm hardly even here.

As for posting a screen shot of the script, that's virtually impossible to read, lol!

Just copy the script from your box and then paste it directly into the you type your forum messages on.

As for it being unprofessional and unstable, well that's flat out BULL!! If you would of took the time to read the thread from start to end you would of seen Phantoms warning!

So YOU can not blame YOUR ignorance on him because YOU choose not to read! Wth!

Like I said Saturday when you posted it I was in the middle of a wedding gig and used it without a problem.

I didn't have any problems because I listened to Phantoms warnings......

And then you wait 2 days to bitch about what I posted, you must be sober now ;-p

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 10:05 pm
I see !!!

So if you say it's a joke then it's alright?
Well I'm just joking when I say you remind me of second rate amateurs.

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 10:12 pm
See that was funny, you do have a sense of humor, lol!

Come on Ron geez I was trying to help.

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 10:32 pm
Look beatbreaker I'll never trust you because you managed to change your user name both here and on the Serato forum.
I don't like my user name but I'm stuck with it like most people. What makes you so special?

Posted Mon 24 Jul 17 @ 10:45 pm
Please... This thread is about a script...

Don't force me to moderate it

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 7:10 am
The script has been updated so that it will jump back to folders tree and keep folding, even if the user clicks out of folders tree before the script ends.

Selected as best answer Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 7:20 am
In my video it can be clearly seen that I waited a few seconds after the script had stopped running on the browser window before opening the veffects menu. Was that in keeping with your usage instruction?

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 1:56 pm
Try the updated code and let me know if you can still reproduce.

BTW: Which build do you use ?

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 2:23 pm
b3278

I've still got the problem.
I'll try a different laptop.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 2:59 pm
It's still there on an old win 10 laptop which has not been updated for 6 months.

I cannot copy and paste the script from your website into vdj8.2 so I go to my documents folder to alter the mapper.
Could this be something to do with my problem?

I've had a few problems of late, my video settings for 3 different monitor resolutions became difficult, even though they had been fine for a long time. Deezers download speed was extremely slow on one occasion. Also my video and karaoke songs went missing in the database twice requiring a restart of vdj to make them reappear.

My solution has been an old version with the internet shut down. My tablet deals with any issues related to the internet.
So I back to being rock solid.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 3:29 pm
Are you kidding me ?
LOL

The script requires at least build 3566 to work properly, which was released sometime around January 2017.

Edit: Build 3278 was released over an year ago. In fact it was released in 2016/06/23 and it's VirtualDj 8.1

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 6:20 pm
bigron1 wrote :
b3278

this build is over 1 year old and released (2016-06-23)

BUILD 3798 (2017-07-02) is the last one.

bigron1 wrote :
I've still got the problem. I'll try a different laptop.

And that makes me wonder not really. Hope you just kidding.

EDIT:
Ok, Phantom put in the dates too. Feel free to delete my post.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 6:29 pm
After some of the latest win 10 updates I started getting a few video configuration problems with multiple monitors.
I decided I wanted a oldish version without things like Deezer, at least for the time being. Multiple monitor (more than 3 resolutions) setup used to be almost automatic but it's become tricky in the last two of weeks. I've had been updating things on a regular basis and it has caused problems.

It should not matter what version I'm using..were just talking about a script applied to vdj by a keyboard.

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 6:44 pm
Glad I got plenty of popcorn ;-p

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 6:45 pm
bigron1 wrote :

It should not matter what version I'm using..were just talking about a script applied to vdj on a keyboard.

Only that the script has verbs (actions) that are not present on the build you're trying to use

Posted Tue 25 Jul 17 @ 6:52 pm
85%