Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: Club InsaNITY 118

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Tracklist:

01. Pretty Pink Feat Northern Lite - Here Comes The Sun (Original Mix)
02. Bob Seger - Old Time Rock & Roll (Ultimix)
03. Avicii Feat Aloe Blacc Vs Rick Astley Vs Chumbawamba - Wake Me Up Vs Never Gonna Give You Up Vs Tubthumping (NilsOfficial MashUp)
04. Deniece Williams - Let's Hear It For The Boy (Extended Version)
05. Calvo - Vicious Girl (Original Mix)
06. Sick Individuals & Maddix Vs M83 Vs The Chainsmokers Feat Emily Warren - Alive In Paris At Midnight (Hardwell UMF 2017 MashUp)
07. Dannic Vs Dua Lipa - Scared To Be Like This (Dannic MashUp)
08. Arston - Star Warz (Original Mix)
09. W&W & Hardwell - Live The Night (Instrumental Mix)
10. Kaaze Vs G-Eazy & Bebe Rexha - Milk Myself & I (Hardwell MashUp)
11. Hardwell & W&W - Get Down (Original Mix)
12. Seth Hills Vs Alesso & Tove Lo Vs Hardwell - Raise Your Hands Vs Heroes Vs Spaceman (Seth Hills UMF 2016 MashUp)
13. Brooklyn Bounce - Loud & Proud (Le Shuuk Remix)
14. Armin Van Buuren Feat W&W - If It Ain't Dutch (Extended Mix)
15. Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars (Hardwell Remix)

EDIT: After following your link, it does lead to contact info, as you are advertising as a pro DJ. Contact info removed by AMAHM

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 6:18 pm
@PatC74

Guess your account got banned for spamming so you've created a new one.

Posted Fri 28 Apr 17 @ 6:32 pm
No it wasn't. I just created a new one with my DJ name (minus the 74). It's also so I can easily brand everything together with my blog, Patreon, Mixcloud and Youtube channel. And, I'm not spamming. I'm simply making mixes and posting them up for people to hear.

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 7:34 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
But as a home user you shouldn't be posting links with contact details, therefore it is spam, atomix don't want it on their forum and to be honest neither does the community, go pro or go away (as in pedal your wares some other place)

Posted Sat 29 Apr 17 @ 8:28 pm
locodog wrote :
go pro or go away (as in pedal your wares some other place)

that's unfriendly.
does not appear to be peddling anything, is simply another link to another mix on youtube.
not sure how this affects anyone adversely.

@DJ InsaNITY 74, nice tunes.

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 1:53 pm
Yep kind of unfriendly but if he posted a playlist or published a podcast then fine,

Posted Mon 01 May 17 @ 10:47 pm
I've been publishing a podcast on mixcloud for 2 years now. I've just started my Youtube Channel a few weeks ago. All current mixes will be posted every Friday and the previous archived episodes every Wednesday.

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 8:55 pm
Then publish as a vdj podcast or vdj playlist/cloudlist in the correct place,
Atomix don't want hlu's posting contact details in any way on the forum, even if you have a plu status on another account, what impression do you think it gives to other new 1 star users when a 1 star breaks the rules?

Posted Thu 04 May 17 @ 10:11 pm
<<<<<<Atomix don't want hlu's posting contact details in any way on the forum>>>>

I don't know where you're seeing contact info. The links I've been posting are links from Mixcloud or Youtube. How is that posting contact info? As for creating Cloudlists, I've done that for this week's mix, but unfortunately, I can only create the list manually by coming to the site, since I don't log into my VirtualDJ account through the software. I currently can only get online at local restaurants or the Library. I don't have internet or Cable TV at home. I can't afford it.

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 6:53 pm
DJ InsaNITY 74 wrote :
How is that posting contact info?

Whose YouTube & MixCloud channels are they? That's right - yours.

What do they contain? Links to your other sites, which in turn contain more links, info on how to book you & prices - despite you being a home user.

I see you're also spamming Digital DJ Tips with these mixes. My advice would be to forget spamming DJ sites.

This is the wrong way to get DJ work. As you (hopefully) should be realising by now, it just winds people up.

If you must, post the links on your Facebook page where your mates can see them and leave it at that.

DJ InsaNITY 74 wrote :
I can't afford it.

You must be spending it all on music eh? All these tracks every week. Must cost a lot.

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 7:44 pm
No, I get all my music from a legit website that posts them up for free. As far the links to my prices are concerned, yes, I have that up there. Nobody has taken me up on it yet though. I could charge 10 cents an hour and nobody would bite. But, am I going to stop doing what I'm doing? No. In fact, I'm going to continue to find more sites to put my stuff up to get myself out there more then I already am. One thing you should understand about me is, I never give up trying when it comes to djing. I always escalate it more when people try to talk me down. This is my dream and nobody will stand in my way. I WILL always be putting stuff up and posting links everywhere.

As for Facebook, I already do have that, although I call it my InsaNITYbook, and it's a business page, although I do crosspost it to my personal page as well. I also have Twitter.

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 8:23 pm
DJ InsaNITY 74 wrote :
a legit website that posts them up for free

Do you not see the contradiction there? If the site is posting other people's music for free then it's not legit.

As if it's not bad enough that you're not paying for the music, you're then redistributing it again (also illegal).

Even if you'd paid for it, that doesn't give you the right to remix it, or to offer it for download. It doesn't belong to you.

Posted Fri 05 May 17 @ 9:02 pm
It IS a legit website. Or perhaps you've never heard of livingelectro. As for offering the music as a download, I don't offer the individual tracks. Only a full mixshow that I make. So, if you think I'm stealing mixshows and passing them off as my own, you're wrong.

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 4:23 pm
DJ InsaNITY 74 wrote :
It IS a legit website

Really? Because it doesn't look like a retail music site at all. And lo & behold, clicking on 'user submitted tracks' reveals lots of illegal downloads. All free.

Somehow I doubt those artists gave permission for their copyrighted material to be made available for free.

DJ InsaNITY 74 wrote :
I don't offer the individual tracks. Only a full mixshow that I make

You think that matters? Read up on copyright law. In fact because you have modified the original material, it's even more illegal than offering single tracks.

Plus of course, the more tracks you put in "your" mix, the bigger your fine will be when they catch you.

Nobody will stop you? Well actually you could end up in a lot more trouble from illegal distribution of copyrighted music than from anything people here say or do.

The more places you post your links, the more likely someone will see what you're doing and report you.

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 4:38 pm
I didn't say it was a RETAIL music site. As for posting up mixes illegally, what about all these other people posting mixes on mixcloud? Sure, some are legit DJ's / Producers, but there are plenty of beginners like me doing it as well and nothing's happening there. And yes, I've been doing it for 2 years and still consider myself a beginner. I probably will think of myself as one until I actually get that first job. None of this matters. I'm doing what I want to do and will continue to do it. Nobody will stop me. Not even trolls like you. That's exactly what you are if you guys are trying to get me to go away and give up. My own father has tried numerous times to get me to give up. He even went so far as to tell all my relatives and family members never to ask me to DJ any parties, and told the owner of a local bar something about me that turned him off to the idea of hiring me after he showed tremendous interest before. I almost had a job. But do I give up? No. I'll continue to do what I do. Even if it never amounts to anything. I'm always trying to get out there, but if all that happens is me posting my mixshows on Mixcloud and other sites and sharing links, I'm happy.

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 4:53 pm
DJ InsaNITY 74 wrote :
I didn't say it was a RETAIL music site

So that makes it alright? No it doesn't. A LEGAL web site would be a retail site, offering music for sale. That site is not legal.

You're illegally downloading music, illegally modifying it (making mixes) and illegally distributing it.

Times that by over 100 (the amount of mixes you've made) and that's one huge fine to pay when they catch you. Or jail of course, if you can't pay.

And by the way, trying to advise people not to break the law is not trolling.

You may well end up getting banned from the forum because Atomix won't be keen on anything illegal being mentioned on their forum.

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 5:05 pm
This is hilarious. Have a look at his website and the gear he has. LMFAO.

I use sound and lighting equipment for your event. Lighting is basic party lighting similar to what anyone can buy at Spencer's Gifts. Be advised, my sound system is a small speaker system similar to gaming speakers. So, it can only fill small rooms, about the size of an average basement.

Posted Sat 06 May 17 @ 6:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)