Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: 8.2 build 3621 - Page: 7

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

djdad wrote :
When you search for a track in Deezer/Spotify, the results are not added to the database, unless you analyze the track or load it to a deck

I just tried an experiment on my test machine.

Reloaded an old database with no spotify content, signed in, loaded one song, flicked through my spotify playlists (never selected add to DB and auto add is off) and all of a sudden it has added over 400 entries.

This is definitely not right.

djdad wrote :
As for the tracks in your Spotify/deezer Playlists, i really dont see any harm adding those to your Database. If you have those tracks in some Playlists, then they are part of your Music collection in a way and really no big impact to the size of the database if those are added.

Agreed, but in my case its's adding them even if not played as you can see above.

Posted Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 6:45 pm
Confirmed in another test with a fresh database.

I opened Spotify, clicked on one of my playlists containing 74 songs and now the database has 74 new entries.

Posted Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 6:53 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Ok, could not reproduce it with Deezer, but appears to be happening with Spotify, so OK, reported and unless there is a good reason for that to behave like that, will be fixed.

Posted Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 7:07 pm
Thanks once again.

Posted Wed 08 Mar 17 @ 7:12 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
Warakurna wrote :
SBDJ wrote :

As I said earlier the current public Spotify API only delivers the audio at a fixed limited rate (max 1.5x playback speed if memory serves). There is nothing we can do about it at this time.

So, you mean djay pro is paying for a special treathment, because djay pro loads very fast...

Djay PRO is MAC OS only...

Djay Pro is on Windows 10 as a Beta. Spotify integration works perfect.

Posted Fri 10 Mar 17 @ 4:30 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Spotify..I get the feeling that VDJ is on the outside in the cold.

Spotify provides a fine service, and its interface makes few demands on hardware.
Using this software from within VDJ looks wrong, it results in slow downloads leading to failure, and poor search functions in comparison to the host.
I could run the Spotify gui, and take exclusive audio control away from VDJ, therefore permitting its use alongside VDJ, perhaps using the onboard soundcard and a line back to my mixer. Spotify is only good for finding the odd rare song, it is not a proper DJ tool.

Can Atomix just provide a sound channel into their software for the Spotify gui, and don't attempt to replace the Spotify search, and play functions?
Two pieces of software running is fine!

DJ'S ARE NOW AT A DISADVANTAGE TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC WHO HAVE BETTER ACCESS TO THE WORLDS MUSIC.
I had trouble with a drunk last night who wanted a song from Spotify which was on his phone.
The VDJ Spotify plugin did not find that song?
The song was Frankie Valli - The Night.
I bought it from Amazon, but I'll never play it again.
Mobile DJ's are in trouble, perhaps only the pirates will survive.

Note: Last nights drunk problem could have turned violent.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 2:38 pm
You didn't have The Night in your own collection? It was a top ten hit in the mid 70s!

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 2:59 pm
VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
No..and a Northern Soul night has just been run at a holiday camp close to the venue causing me problems.
Northern Soul has never been an important element in my music.

There are a lot of top 10 hits I don't have, and don't want.

I tend to play what people have asked for in the past.

Over the last five years I have become more focused on music created by my people, and relating to our community.
Times change.
I no longer wish to play the latest global offering.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 3:06 pm
Try one month deezer. First month is free, and plugin works very good.
I'll consider changing from spotify to deezer

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 7:41 pm
I would but I still have 12 months Spotify included in my Vodafone contract. Bummer.

Posted Sun 12 Mar 17 @ 7:58 pm
And still no Spotify/Deezer for VirtualDJ Plus :-(
I'll keep waiting for white smoke.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:08 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Actually, he's got a point.
If spotify and deezer is supposed to be used bedroom only, then a user with a bedroom only licence should be able to use it? No?

Posted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:13 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Bedroom dj's are allowed to use VirtualDJ Pro as well :)

Posted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:24 am
I agree with you PachN, however from a business perspective. Why bother with all the hours coding it probably required, in order to create a plugin so that "professional" users can use "unprofessional" means to access music? well....so that lots of home users then pay to upgrade so they can use that plugin. Genius!.........well at least until the lawsuits break out, like they are for users of Kodi, which have just started.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 10:33 am
Adion wrote :
Bedroom dj's are allowed to use VirtualDJ Pro as well :)

:)

Posted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 11:32 am
PachNPRO InfinityMember since 2009
Yes yes, I get both of you.
What about a 30 days trial for the plugins? And if someone got used to the plugins he maybe will buy the pro version :)

Posted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 1:46 pm
No, far too generous! Give them ten minutes. :-)

Actually they could buy a Pro subscription and try it for a month.

Posted Mon 13 Mar 17 @ 7:19 pm
cant log in to spotify from VDJ, i originally logged in via my facebook. tried resetting password all that good stuff. no dice. is there a workaround??

Posted Tue 14 Mar 17 @ 2:52 pm
spotify songs take forever to load, that would make me nervous.
sticking to DJAY Pro to load those up

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 1:15 am
djsherzPRO InfinityMember since 2006
bigron1 wrote :
No..and a Northern Soul night has just been run at a holiday camp close to the venue causing me problems.

Hmm, do live in or around Prestatyn by any chance? Just come back from a soul weekender there the other week!

Posted Thu 16 Mar 17 @ 1:17 am
94%