Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Jog Wheel changes to browser selector and can't figure out what I pressed

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
I have a hercule 4mx controller and occasionally I have had it where I must push or push and hold a button or possibly even a keyboard key and all of a sudden my jog dials change to scrolling through the browser. I can't figure out what I did to change it back without closing and restarting vdj8. It changes for both decks 1 and 2, but if I switch my controller to 3 and 4 they still behave normally.

I know there has to be something I can press to change it back, or if I can at least figure out what I am pressing to change it I can avoid it. I am using the mapper that I downloaded from the downloads here, but if someone knows what I am pressing, or at least can tell me what to look at in my mappings settings to find out what is mapped to whatever this feature/function is called I can find the key or button and replicate it and figure out how to undo it.

Thanks.

Posted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 3:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Its the UP/DOWN buttons of the 4MX that put the Jogwheels to Browser mode, while those are pressed. When released, the Jogwheels should return to the Jog mode, but a combined press could lead to Browser mode after release.
If you dont use the Jogwheels to scroll through tracks/folders, you can change the actions of UP/DOWN from...
UP : deck left wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed & deck right wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed & repeat 100ms 500ms & browser_scroll -1
DOWN : deck left wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed & deck right wheel_mode 'browser' while_pressed & repeat 100ms 500ms & browser_scroll +1
to ...
UP : browser_scroll -1 & repeat 100ms 500ms & browser_scroll -1
DOWN : browser_scroll +1 & repeat 100ms 500ms & browser_scroll +1

Posted Fri 17 Feb 17 @ 6:14 am
sonicgtPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Thanks this was it, apparently a long press on the up down forces the jog wheels to stay in browse mode. An additional long press gets me out of it as well.

Posted Sat 18 Feb 17 @ 12:19 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)