Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: netsearch problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

so i have heard about the netsearch problem. I am experiencing it my self. I understand that it is the content unlimited that I pay for and the netsearch is a free thing. The netsearch for me hasn't been working on the new build, however tonight (29.12.2016) I was using it on a new build for 2-3 hours for the first time even though they said it doesn't work on the vdj8 new builds. After a few hours I decided to shut the vdj8 program and then re open it. After re opening it I wasn't able to use the netsearch feature again. This experience only says to me that they the netsearch does work with the new builds but they need to fix this. my question: how was I able to use the netsearch on a new build for a short while? Please not that in one of your forums you said it wasn't it doesn't work with the new build. It seems to me that you have a tech problem that needs sorting. yes it is a free feature but now you've introduced it as part of the content unlimited you cant take it away or say it doesn't matter because the consumer doesn't pay for it. people expect it now. excuse spelling or grammer

Posted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 1:32 am
Eversuretrades13 wrote :
so i have heard about the netsearch problem. I am experiencing it my self. I understand that it is the content unlimited that I pay for and the netsearch is a free thing. The netsearch for me hasn't been working on the new build, however tonight (29.12.2016) I was using it on a new build for 2-3 hours for the first time even though they said it doesn't work on the vdj8 new builds. After a few hours I decided to shut the vdj8 program and then re open it. After re opening it I wasn't able to use the netsearch feature again. This experience only says to me that they the netsearch does work with the new builds but they need to fix this. my question: how was I able to use the netsearch on a new build for a short while? Please not that in one of your forums you said it wasn't it doesn't work with the new build. It seems to me that you have a tech problem that needs sorting. yes it is a free feature but now you've introduced it as part of the content unlimited you cant take it away or say it doesn't matter because the consumer doesn't pay for it. people expect it now. excuse spelling or grammer

I don't know how you got it working for a short while
But it's not a tech problem that makes it not work.
It was simply removed for legal reasons
There is an official thread explain this in the "general" forum;
http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/213457/General_Discussion/ContentUnlimited_-_official_comment.html?page=1

Posted Thu 29 Dec 16 @ 1:55 am
well tried to use Netsearch for the first in a while to my surprise its down nothing comes up Booo wow how corporations are really starting to take control of the internet these days. tried searching the content unlimited on a 2 year old song titled of a popular liquor and NOTHING really VDJ what gives ......its 2017 Trump is the New President People are going to need us DJs Badly LMAO

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 1:09 pm
Buzzmonkey wrote :
well tried to use Netsearch for the first in a while to my surprise its down nothing comes up Booo wow how corporations are really starting to take control of the internet these days. tried searching the content unlimited on a 2 year old song titled of a popular liquor and NOTHING really VDJ what gives ......its 2017 Trump is the New President People are going to need us DJs Badly LMAO

As explained Netsearch is disabled for legal reasons, so you only get Content Unlimited content, which is based on iDJPool
So you only get what iDJPool delivers as content. It really has nothing to do with VDJ/Atomix
iDJPool is based on promo only licenses with the record companies, so that will normally be newer music

Posted Sat 14 Jan 17 @ 8:54 pm
Please use the link above for all netsearch/content unlimited questions, Thank you.

LOCKED BY AMAHM

Posted Sun 15 Jan 17 @ 1:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)