Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: ContentUnlimited - official comment - Page: 6

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Ok, I think we all know that Spotify is NOT to be used in a professional setting. It is quite simple, if you read their terms. If anyone wishes to interpret it in a way that they believe allows them to use it, you are living in fantasy land. Hey, if that's what you want to do, go right ahead, but you can't convince the rest of us that can read, that it's legal.

With that being said, it is clear that we have allowed this to go on way too long, so let's get back to the subject of this thread. If you feel the need to discuss Spotify, please go to their forum, thank you.

Posted Sat 17 Dec 16 @ 8:50 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
Ok, I think we all know that Spotify is NOT to be used in a professional setting. It is quite simple, if you read their terms. If anyone wishes to interpret it in a way that they believe allows them to use it, you are living in fantasy land. Hey, if that's what you want to do, go right ahead, but you can't convince the rest of us that can read, that it's legal.

EVERY cd you buy in Belgium, you can not use it in a professional setting. You need additional licenses. Same with Itunes,...

Posted Sun 18 Dec 16 @ 8:11 pm
Again, that only affects the Belgium DJ. I'm sure they know all about it, but this thread is about Content Unlimited. So let's keep the focus on that, and the other issues can be discussed in other threads.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 9:54 pm
massdjsPRO InfinityMember since 2006
sclavel wrote :
As some of you already noticed, our ContentUnlimited service has had access to a smaller catalog for the past few weeks.
First, we would like to apologize for the lack of communication so far. Since this involved some Non Disclosure Agreements and some legal actions, our lawyers asked us not to comment on any of it until now.
For the sake of total transparency (now that the lawyers finally let us talk), I wanted to personally clarify the situation.
It all comes down to public display versus private use rights.
Our main providers, iDJPool, VJPro and KaraokeCloud, are all licensed for public display, and offer a full catalog of "promotional" tracks, that the labels are happy to let DJs around the world play, because it has a chance to drive sales from the DJ's audience.
However, for the rest of the tracks, like oldies, foreign or culture-specific tracks, most of the major labels don't allow any public display rights for streaming.
That's why we had to remove those for now.
Of course we spent the last month in discussion with all our partners involved to find an alternative solution.
Unfortunately it is not so easy to make the labels understand that not all DJs are big-club residents who only play the same 50 tracks, but that the majority of DJs actually play in wedding, barmitzvah, proms, etc.
Anyway, we are finally coming up with some solutions, and we will make some changes in the coming weeks to bring back more oldies and hard-to-find content into netSearch.
I'd also like to take this opportunity to thank again our ContentUnlimited subscribers, who help keep the music industry alive, with their contributions that are redistributed to the labels and artists.

I just re-subscribed again today after a year and a half so I could find some missing tracks that I need for a wedding and not a SINGLE audio stream works! Can someone PLEASE guide me in the right direction ASAP. I have a small wedding for a family member in 2 days and I just paid $9.99 for absolutely NOTHING! I am using VDJ 7.4.4 on a Mac. Look forward to hearing from someone rapidly.

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 11:18 pm
massdjs wrote :

I just re-subscribed again today after a year and a half so I could find some missing tracks that I need for a wedding and not a SINGLE audio stream works! Can someone PLEASE guide me in the right direction ASAP. I have a small wedding for a family member in 2 days and I just paid $9.99 for absolutely NOTHING! I am using VDJ 7.4.4 on a Mac. Look forward to hearing from someone rapidly.

Have you tried BlockBuster Music?

Posted Mon 19 Dec 16 @ 11:36 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
massdjs wrote :

You need to use an updated version of VDJ in order to use Content Unlimited.

Posted Tue 20 Dec 16 @ 5:28 am
I fully understand the licensing issues and that is why Content Unlimited was perfect for me as a small one person Wedding and School Dance DJ. Every now and then I need obscure songs and I am willing to pay for those on a onesy-twosy case, but most of the songs I need to play are current radio favorites and I cannot even find Uptown Funk and Can't Stop the Feeling on the new content unlimited. I am going to have to look at other options now.

Posted Sat 28 Jan 17 @ 9:32 pm
Wow I apologize, when I did notice things getting worse and just made a comment since I actually missed this post. Though I have a huge collection from spending over 30 years in DJing in music and equipment purchases for mobile events, I don't have everything and there has always been songs I'm asked to play that I'm caught off guard and have been happy with content unlimited for a couple years. I'm glad we got as much response and interest in this feature and can't wait til content is added again. Not expecting miracles but it's definitely extremely limited at the moment.

Sheesh topic was opened again and I responded to something that should have been fixed.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 1:47 am
TheBarticus wrote :
I am going to have to look at other options now.

If you are thinking: An option that gives me new content and all the old classics, and can be streamed with a cache option, so you can mix into them - there are none
There is Pulselocker which has about the same content as CU (but not as nicely tagged). That only works for Serato and Rekordbox

Then there is djay Pro by Algoriddim which let's you play Spotify content - but only while online as as stream. So you might as well use the Spotify player.

So your other pay pr month option is to subscribe to an old-school DJ pool, where you download in advance and play content from your harddisk

Of course other options will come. It's just a matter of time. Must be, since people want this stuff :)

TheBarticus wrote :
...and I cannot even find Uptown Funk and Can't Stop the Feeling on the new content unlimited. I am going to have to look at other options now.

They are both there - I've just tested both with CU
This was done from Denmark. That may make a difference

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 1:16 pm
hdsonPRO InfinityMember since 2011

searched for barry white and this is it ???????

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 8:19 am
hdsonPRO InfinityMember since 2011

barry white ???

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 8:23 am
hdson wrote :

barry white ???

I get the same result but have enabled titles (see below)
So as suspected: Not a lot of Barry White on CU.
That makes sense. Barry White is not a current performer (he's actually dead), so there is no reason for the record companies to include Barry White content in it's Promo Only Licenses. So it won't be part of the iDJPool content. And Content Unlimited is based on iDJPool (like it says in your screenshot)

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 10:26 am
It's been said many times on here (by Atomix staff) that it's better to be specific when searching. Don't just type "Barry White", include the name of a track.

.....although IMO anyone calling themselves a DJ should already have a whole bunch of (purchased) Barry White tracks in their collection :-)

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 6:11 pm
That's just it, most the people complaining don't have a music collection. They just expect to be handed free music to make money off of it. Of course they won't admit to this... but real deal... you know they are. That's why they can't understand the cause and effect of this all, its's just too much for them to understand.

I can't even count how many events I know people did last year where streaming online live at an event did not work, either site/services were down, or no cell signal on two different providers, or venue offered no WiFi and if they did it was so congested with guest traffic it made said services unavailable.

Do office/home work and show up with more music than you need. It's very simple. Invest in your back catalog, then use ContentUnlimited for your new promo hit songs. Just cache before your event and your good. You don't need signal and you are prepared. If you have WiFi or Signal at the venue event better then.. You are ready PLUS some!

Why is this so hard for people to understand?

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 6:23 pm
I like the last two post. How much do you think you should get for $10.00 a month as a dj? If you think you should get "everything", that's OK with me. I will just keep buying my music, like I have been for the last 50+ years. I come from a different era, so do not have sympathy or empathy if you can't afford to buy music. This is not food, but a passion that some of us have, and have not made excuses to achieve our goals. How much easier does it have to be, for anyone to claim they are a DJ? Now, I have to go buy some more new music, because I work at 7pm.

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 10:40 pm
In the past VDJ7 worked great for pulling up Netsearch unlike VDJ8. I've noticed the last few days the Netsearch feature will still show searcg results but will not load. I keep getting a Stream unavailable error. Anyone else having the same issue?

Posted Fri 03 Feb 17 @ 4:47 am
computerrandy82 wrote :
In the past VDJ7 worked great for pulling up Netsearch unlike VDJ8. I've noticed the last few days the Netsearch feature will still show searcg results but will not load. I keep getting a Stream unavailable error. Anyone else having the same issue?

Please no one answer this.. I mean honestly, he can't read anyways... so why bother.. right?

Posted Fri 03 Feb 17 @ 4:52 am
DjKrazyIan wrote :
computerrandy82 wrote :

Please no one answer this.. I mean honestly, he can't read anyways... so why bother.. right?

He's actually right - I think there has been a change recently in what you can do

Netsearch has of course been deprecated now for a few months, but until a few days ago you could still use v7.4.7 or go back to v8 b3398 if you needed the Netsearch addon to work

It doesn't look like that works anymore - most (all?) files will fail to load. Since Netsearch was content grabbed from the internet, this is presumably because a major "provider" (youtube?) have changed their setup a bit, and because Netsearch has been deprecated for legal reasons, I'm pretty sure no changes will be made to make it still work

So in the next few days I think we might see a few questions regarding this for people who are still using v7 or haven't upgraded v8 for a few months - because they have been able to use Netsearch until a few days ago, and may not even be aware that it has been deprecated

Posted Fri 03 Feb 17 @ 7:19 am
While I will partial agree with you and I understand what you are saying and where you're coming from. It still does not change anything that has not already been discussed deeply here and in other topics posted on this board. Clearly If he or anyone would read at all, and understood what he/she was reading any normal person would easily figure out (by this point) what is now deemed illegal in 8 would also be illegal in 7 and would most likely stop working at some point, since it is no longer updated. This is not rocket science.

1.This is very simple. It's time to move on.
2. FREE Music directly in the VDJ software is NO LONGER available.
3. Either buy the VDJ CU Subscription or NOT. It's your choice. It's either going to work for you or not.
4. If you are a DJ and you charge money, either raise your rates so you can buy new and OLD music or QUIT!
5. And this is the most IMPORTANT: Have a Happy Snappy Day and remember only you can prevent a forest fire!

Posted Fri 03 Feb 17 @ 7:37 am
I like your post. If the same question keeps getting asked, I will close this thread for being redundant, obsolete, and counter productive. Read this thread before posting.

Posted Mon 06 Feb 17 @ 8:44 pm
83%