Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: Problem With an ONINIT Key Setting

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First of all I am sure this is me doing something stupid. For years now I have used the default 4 deck skin with deck 3 set as the master deck. My ONINIT Key Setting reads: masterdeck_3. For some reason yesterday the master deck reverted back to deck 1. I am using VDJ 8.2 Build 3420. Can anybody tell me how to make deck 3 the master deck again?

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 4:24 pm
master deck can be switched on the fly by clicking buttons on your controller or on the screen maybe that's what happened

with my controller the master switches side to side with the xfader position I think the mapping makes that happen

anyways i am curious why you want it always to be deck 3?

if you click on the word master on the default skin on deck 3 it will switch it to that deck :-)

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 4:51 pm
locodogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
Odd syntax on ONINIT there, it must be v7
v8 syntax is
deck 3 masterdeck

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 4:56 pm
wickedmix wrote :
master deck can be switched on the fly by clicking buttons on your controller or on the screen maybe that's what happened

with my controller the master switches side to side with the xfader position I think the mapping makes that happen

anyways i am curious why you want it always to be deck 3?

if you click on the word master on the default skin on deck 3 it will switch it to that deck :-)

I must have hit a button somewhere. I tried deck 3 masterdeck and it still defaults to deck 1. I will keep looking to see what I have done. I like deck three because my eyes seem to go right to it when I do an automix (plus it is green and I like green!)

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 6:39 pm
It seems that the program was not holding my custom settings and reverting back to default. For some reason it is now holding custom setting and all is well. Thanks for all the help. I'm afraid I will be back however!

Posted Sat 01 Oct 16 @ 7:03 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)