Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: PhantomDj Skin - Page: 2

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

CadDogPRO InfinityMember since 2004
PhantomDj,

I have liked your skins since I first got started dj using PCDJ back in the days.

I like that you keep it simple and easy on the eyes because after a long gig having a good skin really helps.

Hope to see your new creation soon.

CadDog

Posted Mon 21 Nov 16 @ 6:46 pm
I had several thoughts about whether I should release this skin or not.
At it's current state it covers all my current personal needs. However my quality standards cannot qualify this skin as a "finished" project.

Currently it seems that I lack motivation to adjust/tweak/improve/finish this skin since it has all I need.

Therefore I decided to do something "intermediate"

Today I release this skin as a BETA skin.
Don't be frighten by the word "beta". The skin works perfectly and there are not any unfinished / buggy functions on it.
The word beta is there to remind you and me that this is an unfinished project.
Since it has all I need personally, I rely to the community (you) to provide me feedback that will help me find motivation to improve this skin further and finish it.
I can't (and won't) guarantee that any suggestion will make it on the final version. However, I'll consider everything you may have to suggest.

Some remarks:
This skin is for AUDIO DJ's only. It's current principals don't allow modifications to include Video. Perhaps I can come up with a similar type of skin for Video users as well, but not now, and not on this skin (as it stands now)
This skin was build to be used with modern controllers. This means that most buttons and controls that exist on all modern controllers are NOT part of this skin's GUI.
A daylight version of this skin exists, but since I'm about to change the skin I think there's no point to maintain two different code bases right now in the middle of the winter. Later down the road I will include the daylight version as well.

Thank you!

Download PhantomDj Skin Beta Build 01 HERE

Posted Fri 25 Nov 16 @ 9:17 am
I would like to test it, I fit all requirements.

Posted Mon 23 Jan 17 @ 12:47 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :

1) Track Title. Press the magnifying glass icon to search for tracks with the same title

Why can these search functions not be used on custom buttons?

I've just tried to add them to another skin by using the scripts on custom buttons but it doesn't work.

For instance search `get_genre` on a custom button does nothing.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 11:28 am
They can.
Try this:
search '`deck 1 get_genre`'

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 3:54 pm
....but I want to get results based on the highlighted track in the browser, not what's on a deck. The same way the buttons work on your skin.

Removing the deck 1 statement and just having search '`get_genre`' does nothing.

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 4:13 pm
maybe -> get_browsed_genre will work for you in this case

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 4:17 pm
Yes! Using search '`get_browsed_genre`' works. Thanks!

Posted Sun 29 Jan 17 @ 4:23 pm
For the browsed track the "all around" script is:

search '`get_browsed_track attribute`'

Examples:
search '`get_browsed_track album`'
search '`get_browsed_track key`'
search '`get_browsed_track remix`'
search '`get_browsed_track producer`'
search '`get_browsed_track year`'

Of course your results will vary depending on what options are enabled for search.
When you search for "producer" on above example don't expect VirtualDj to search that particular field on the database.
It just copies the info of the database on the search field and performs the search.

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 11:39 am
Thanks George!

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 5:34 pm
Just a teaser:

Posted Mon 30 Jan 17 @ 8:35 pm
Hello,
in the browser of skin SS#3 is written in the lines "A , O , U" but in Tag you find "Ä , Ö , Ü". (In VDJ-default-Skin it is correkt!)
Please change it.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 10:25 pm
Hello, 2. question
if I cofig a "2-deck-layout" why I can "load files in deck 1,2,3,4"? (files-menü)
There is consequenz, that only "Deck 1 , 2" is free.

Thanks for this BEST of skins***

Posted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 10:32 pm
Hello, 3. question
Cover-pictures of ".vdjcache-Flies" (downloaded from "Unlimited Content") shows in the opened tag-editor but is not (always) show in browsers place inside the (info-)decks (jogweels).
In VDJ-default-skin is correkt.

Posted Fri 10 Feb 17 @ 11:55 pm
Actually If you had your browser zoom the the pads and effects in a row under the deck, above the set custom button...would be a better compact view.
the current compact view can be the extended view/

Posted Sat 11 Feb 17 @ 6:38 am
DJ Martinias wrote :
Hello,
in the browser of skin SS#3 is written in the lines "A , O , U" but in Tag you find "Ä , Ö , Ü". (In VDJ-default-Skin it is correkt!)
Please change it.

What OS do you use ?
The default font is "Segoe UI" which is the default font for Windows GUI since Windows Vista and onwards.
If your OS displays these characters properly so should the skin (there is no code that alters the chars on the skin)

Posted Sat 11 Feb 17 @ 6:17 pm
DJ Martinias wrote :
Hello, 2. question
if I cofig a "2-deck-layout" why I can "load files in deck 1,2,3,4"? (files-menü)
There is consequenz, that only "Deck 1 , 2" is free.

Thanks for this BEST of skins***

Because the skin is a 4 decks skin. The 2 decks layout does not reduce the amount of decks.
It just shows only 2 out of 4.

Posted Sat 11 Feb 17 @ 6:18 pm
DJ Martinias wrote :
Hello, 3. question
Cover-pictures of ".vdjcache-Flies" (downloaded from "Unlimited Content") shows in the opened tag-editor but is not (always) show in browsers place inside the (info-)decks (jogweels).
In VDJ-default-skin is correkt.

Default skin is designed to always show the cover ( even if the file has no cover)
My skins show the cover only if there is one stored inside the tracks tag

Posted Sat 11 Feb 17 @ 6:20 pm

Posted Fri 17 Mar 17 @ 10:43 am
Lookin good

Posted Sat 18 Mar 17 @ 7:19 am
58%