Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Technical Support

Topic: We need HELP with Pioneer Controllers - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

start with 384 if the drop outs are gone and scratching is good leave it be ...

if the drop outs are not gone add 64 to 384 making its 448 if u still have drop outs add another 64 till its gone

its going to be a pain to test i suppose but should be worth it in the end.

Posted Sun 28 Aug 16 @ 5:51 pm
Thank you so much we will try

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 1:12 am

Do I change this after "automatic " in the latency field or do I change it in audio next to the drop down of each Channel

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 1:19 am
obviously after i Connect the controller

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 1:20 am
Please show me as I am not very knowledgeable in this field. I am learning. Thank You

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 1:32 am
type over top of the word automatic

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 1:51 am
Thank You we will try this in the am. I will let you know after testing . this will take a couple of days. we will Try to test In 6 hr. increments.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 2:30 am

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 6:12 am
Can someone tell me what the latency does

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 5:56 pm
Latency refers to a short period of delay (usually measured in milliseconds) between when an audio signal enters and when it emerges from a system

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 6:01 pm
thank you

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 6:02 pm
A lower latency figure gives a faster response but requires more computer power to achieve this, a higher setting is slower but uses less resources.

Each PC, controller and drivers require different settings, so it's just a case of finding a setting that works best with your particular setup.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 6:03 pm
we are on mac's but I assume this is the same for it

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 7:53 pm
Yes, except Mac uses it's own inbuilt core audio instead of Asio (which is probably better as it negates the need for 3rd party drivers).

I am a 100% Windows user so can't help you directly with this. Sorry!

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 7:59 pm
Okay guys here's the deal when I'm in latency on VDJ and I go to change the number (fro automatic to #. The affect that happens on the computer and controller is exactly what's happening during my gigs. so as you're typing the freeze and the jittery wave links is exactly what happens. So if there's any testers out there There're helping out on this issue and you want to see what's happening if you're running a song On one of the decks. As you key in the Number in settings under Latency. this is what happens

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 7:59 pm
Yes, because it changes the audio output. You are best to change the latency figure, quit VDJ then load it again for the changes to take effect properly.

Then you can change it incrementally and see where the problems stop.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 8:00 pm
wickedmix wrote :
start with 384 if the drop outs are gone and scratching is good leave it be ...

if the drop outs are not gone add 64 to 384 making its 448 if u still have drop outs add another 64 till its gone

its going to be a pain to test i suppose but should be worth it in the end.

we are trying this today

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 8:01 pm
CARL FRANCHUK, this is a lengthy thread about another subject. As stated, please do not hijack someone else's thread, start your own, thank you. You post has been leveled.

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 9:44 pm
A Man and His Music wrote :
CARL FRANCHUK, this is a lengthy thread about another subject. As stated, please do not hijack someone else's thread, start your own, thank you. You post has been leveled.

this is my post the DJ that started it is with me we work together but Thank you Actually this thread started with me and all of it is about the same thing I guess I'm really not sure what you're talking about

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 10:03 pm
Well since your name isn't "Carl" then obviously AMAHM isn't talking to you, lmmfao!!

Focus....

Posted Mon 29 Aug 16 @ 10:36 pm
43%