Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Video Discussion

Topic: Projection Discussion

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Think we need a place to share experience of projection.
It can be about projecting videos, gobo and the problems or fixes we know or dont know about.

I have been using projectors for a couple of years now.
And would like to know if there is a program that could rezise the output of Vdj and the projectors ?

I found this VPT but it seems like there is no type of bridge to connect other programs, but it could be useful for gobo projection !?
https://hcgilje.wordpress.com/vpt/

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 4:38 pm
If your using a Mac just syphon VDJ into it, been using this program for years.

Also check out MadMapper and Resolume Arena, both are super dope programs!!

If you go with Resolume you can route VDJ into it on the PC side as well.

Do a search for my name on Youtube and these forums as Ive talked about all this and have been doing this for years. Tayla also knows a lot about this stuff as well.

Posted Sat 06 Aug 16 @ 5:10 pm
freppaPRO InfinityMember since 2002
Not using Mac :-(

I did know about Resolume, and just saw spout and willt try that :-)

Posted Sun 07 Aug 16 @ 6:29 am
If you're using a video projector for monograms, my suggestion is find one that has a minimum of 3,000 lumens and a high contract ratio. I'm currently using a 3500 lumen Optoma that has a 22,000:1 contract ratio. The lumens means how bright it is. If you want to project something when there's a lot of light, then the higher lumens will help with that. A high contrast ratio will allow you to sharpen it up and get rid of any blue or colored boxes around your monogram.

My Optoma is not a short throw projector so you wont be able to keep it close to a screen if you were to do videos. I project monograms anywhere from 10 to 30 feet and this thing works out perfect! Obviously projectors with higher lumens will be even brighter and can be thrown farther. A lot of people tend to really like the BenQ projectors, but I have no issues with my Optoma that I recently bought from CompSource:

http://www.compsource.com/pn/S341/Optoma-1069/S341-Dlp-Projector/

Posted Mon 08 Aug 16 @ 12:22 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)