Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Soundswitch support - Page: 3

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Hello Krazylan,

Would you have any idea on when SoundSwitch will be compatible with VDJ8.

At the DJ Expo this past August, I met a representative from the SoundSwitch who assured me that usage with VDJ8 was in the works and would be released in a month.

Since we're approaching October, I figured a month was too soon.

I've purchased the device and although it works well as a standalone product, my interest is to use it with VDJ8.

I am willing to assist in beta testing just want to know that there will be a release date.

Thanks

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 12:21 pm
@DJ-Inspire - As soon as I know I will update here. Thanks!

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 9:18 pm
Thanks Krazylan!

Posted Mon 25 Sep 17 @ 10:45 pm
Greetings, brothers & sisters.

A bit of good news! I just sent off a gripe-mail to SoundSwitch bemoaning the lack of VDJ support, and just received this reply...

You will be pleased to know that the Team is just putting together the final touches on a Virtual Dj Beta and expect to see that in the coming weeks so stay tuned and i will keep you updated when there is a Beta available for testing.

So, HOPEFULLY we won't be waiting too much longer. I'll update when I have further info.

Best,

-DJ Dom

Posted Sun 08 Oct 17 @ 10:52 pm
[quote=DJDomPDX][/quote]

Thanks that is great NEWS!!! But they have been saying the same thing for over a month now..... even without a gripe email.
But hey thanks for the semi-old news update!!

Also Join the SoundSwitch User Group on Facebook. Matt from SoundSwitch is in the group and is giving good tips and updates on the VDJ Progress. Or wait here for DJDom to repeat info here as needed..... :)

Or you can wait for

Posted Sun 08 Oct 17 @ 11:01 pm
Wow. People like you are the reason I don't join FaceBook groups. I'll just keep my unnecessary comments to myself from now on.

Posted Mon 09 Oct 17 @ 12:07 pm
Thank you much appreciated!

Should you have a real update or anything else on topic to add please feel free to join in the conversation!!

Have a peachy day!

Posted Mon 09 Oct 17 @ 12:13 pm
UPDATE:

:) It's working! Official release not out yet. But they did it!

Please note: This entire project has been done WITHOUT any help from VDJ / Atomix. It has all been taken care of by SoundSwitch. These guys are great! Support is fast and responsive. If you need a fixture added, its done in a timely manner. Many fixtures are already supported!

Guys/Gals you're going to like this!

Posted Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 4:10 am
UPDATE:

I have been officially told if you buy the hardware and would like to BETA test, once your hardware is in make contact in the SoundSwitch FB group.

Enjoy and Happy Testing!

Posted Tue 17 Oct 17 @ 7:31 am
To bad I don't use Facebook, might have to just email them.

The only downside I can see to this is when VDJ updates are we gonna be left out in the in cold...... guess time will tell.

Posted Wed 18 Oct 17 @ 12:41 am
the SOUND INSURGENT MSG Me on here. I'll help.

The SoundSwitch connection to VDJ is handled by way of a PlugIn - PlugIn's can be updated just as any other plugin may need after an upgrade. Its that same as any plugin. After an update, test and report bugs to get them fixed.

Posted Wed 18 Oct 17 @ 12:50 am
Hey Thanks bro!

I'll have my unit tonight!! So I'll hit you up later this evening.

Thanks again!!

Posted Wed 18 Oct 17 @ 3:53 pm
NOTICE:

Sample videos of SoundSwitch working with VDJ8 are on both the SoundSwitch User Group and DJNTV Insider Private Facebook Discussion Group

Feel free to check them out.
Thanks!

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 5:12 am
Well I must be doing something wrong because it doesn't work with my Gigbar irc's.

I've emailed them and have yet to hear from them but this sucks because nothing happens even with SDJ and No I won't/ don't use Facebook.

No joy right now and out 500 bucks :-(

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 5:37 am
the SOUND INSURGENT Feel free to MSG me. As of now, I have not gotten any.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 6:03 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
DjKrazyIan wrote :
This entire project has been done WITHOUT any help from VDJ / Atomix. It has all been taken care of by SoundSwitch

Good for them, but our SDK is public and effectively self documenting to a developer. Since their software is closed the requirement was always going to be for them to deleop this. Would have been happy to help with any questions they had, but they didn't contact support or a developer as far as I know.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 10:46 am
Thanks SBDJ, I'm glad you're excited too! Thanks for your input. Would have been a great statement last year to help give direction. But better late than never, they say. So far its looking very promising.

I like the idea of the AutoLoop to songs you don't have set up. But I see setting up the songs in advance to a gig to be much more enticing.

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 7:13 pm
anok4u2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
I don't understand the need for Soundswitch.
Why you want yo pay 500 bucks for a extra hardware box.
DMX-ing works perfect with the "free" freestyler8-plugin.
Very easy and you can even bind your DMX-sequences to your laptop keys or controller pads.
(thnx to SBDJ)

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 11:04 pm
anok4u2 Thanks for your opinion.

The market has many different ways and types of products for everyone and anything.

Thankfully you are never forced to buy anything.

If you don't understand a product or already have something you like, then your good. Don't ever buy something unless you need, want or understand it.

I have used freestylerDMX and plugins, and it works. Then I switched to ShowXpress and it also works.

Now I will be happy with ShowXpress and SoundSwitch. For me this is money well spent. But then I have a need and want for this product.

Thanks!

Posted Thu 19 Oct 17 @ 11:21 pm
DjKrazyIan wrote :

Sample videos of SoundSwitch working with VDJ8 are on both the SoundSwitch User Group and DJNTV Insider Private Facebook Discussion Group

Links? Both Facebook groups it seems.

Do you think maybe you (or whoever posted the videos) could post them on a site that anyone can access, rather than Facebook?

Posted Fri 20 Oct 17 @ 5:21 pm
79%