Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: possible plugin or future developer question - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Is there a way to set the program from playing the same song twice in an x amount of time?
IE x song is played at 2pm and i do not want it played again for 3 hours. After this set variable (3 hours) passes it will be playable again.

If there is someone in particular that I should reach out to please let me know.

Thanks in advance, for any support you may be able to offer.

Posted Thu 14 Jul 16 @ 3:40 pm
If it helps any, I will donate to any developer that can create this concept.

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 11:06 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
I started thinking about this but I can't figure out why you want it, give me some background

Posted Tue 19 Jul 16 @ 11:41 pm
I run a rink and my on going and off going djs sometimes play the same tracks (not on purpose). Sometimes we just do not have the time to sit and look to see if it was played recently within the system, we can get busy at times. This is where having the machine just automatically skip over or not allow it to be placed into automix would be benificial to us.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 1:17 am
Ok that makes sense now, I think I have a fuzzy idea how it will be done,

I'll think out loud here hopefully staff can confirm or deny if it will work or give me pointers to better methods

rsi script queries loadpulse
Once true queries not played
[I'll reverse the replies here for clarity]
if not not played [i.e. played] unload the track
if not played, cycle a variable to a number that won't be cycled round by tracks loaded in 3 hours [like 90]
query the variable equals and set a uniquely named variable [named by the query process] to get_filename
also launch a uniquely named rs script that after 1080000ms [3 hours] gets the variable string, searches for it and then marks as unplayed

duplicate files will be a problem maybe artist title might be the way.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 2:26 am
Thanks locodog! Yes the thought of doubles have crossed my mind. however, this would be a start to eliminate the mistake of doubling so quickly.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 3:33 am
I think I'm close but I have a snag that I need staff to answer,

Can I store text [get artist title] in a variable

here the basic plan, store the string in the variable a delayed script calls the variable and searches for the track [to mark as unplayed]

repeat_start_instant 'catchPulse' 125ms & load_pulse ?
----nothing :
----repeat_start 'wait' 250ms 1 & not_played ?
--------unload :
--------load_pulse ?
------------cycle '$played' 90 & var_equals '$played' 1 ?
----------------get_artist_title & param_cast & set '$track1' & repeat_start 'resetTrack1' 60000ms 1 & get_var '$track1' & param_cast & search : ----------------nothing

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 4:14 am
Hopefully they can help, I am excited to get this working. thanks again.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 4:35 am
Right then, it needed some outside the box thinking,

[So far outside the box even staff didn't think storing strings was possible]

but I think I have an answer.

Before I set to with a mammoth typing task, more info from you.

Is it just automix you want this for
What automix deck set up, singe or dual
What skin do you use

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 2:51 pm
ran into a problem,

I can store the text, and I can get the text and search for it and mark it as unplayed.

There's a problem with the repeat start system, [reported] so I can't give you your exact 3 hours.

So I've got to rethink it, would something like a 'no repeat of the last 60 songs' do for you.

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 5:23 pm
Is it just automix you want this for: Yes. However if possible maybe affect the deck its dropping into.
What automix deck set up, singe or dual: Single
What skin do you use: OrangeJuice created by djnice :o)

would something like a 'no repeat of the last 60 songs' do for you. Yes that could work too, Nice idea!

Posted Wed 20 Jul 16 @ 6:08 pm
Any luck?

Posted Thu 21 Jul 16 @ 9:47 pm
ran two ways and the first one would have done the job but the rs script system wouldn't allow a get-text to be delayed [as to mark as unplayed after x time], ran the second way and while it worked if you followed a very specific method, it was too prone to error [actual real life list building], I'm going to learn some more c# I think that will be the best option.

Posted Sat 23 Jul 16 @ 10:41 pm
Lame! Thank you for giving it a go. If you figure out a way, I will donate money.

Posted Sun 24 Jul 16 @ 4:30 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
For your information, we have just fixed the following GUID in the SDK. There was mistake on the last number.

IID_IVdjPluginBuffer8 = { 0x1d00e65f, 0x44c7, 0x41bf, { 0xa3, 0x6b, 0x04, 0xda, 0xf2, 0x67, 0x3b, 0x98 } }

Sorry for any inconveniences

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 5:54 pm
I am sorry, I am confused by what this is supposed to mean?

Posted Wed 27 Jul 16 @ 6:25 pm
Stuff for me. [it's pretty over my head too]

Posted Thu 28 Jul 16 @ 2:58 am
That's not good! If its over yours, it is defiantly over mine. LOL

Posted Fri 29 Jul 16 @ 4:46 pm
Any luck with this plug in?

Posted Wed 10 Aug 16 @ 12:15 am
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Jgoss1982 wrote :
Is there a way to set the program from playing the same song twice in an x amount of time?
IE x song is played at 2pm and i do not want it played again for 3 hours. After this set variable (3 hours) passes it will be playable again.

If there is someone in particular that I should reach out to please let me know.

Thanks in advance, for any support you may be able to offer.

We can't prevent you from playing a song but one idea is when you load a song on a deck, it displays you a warning. I think it's possible this way.

Posted Sun 14 Aug 16 @ 8:50 am
95%