Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: NEW HARDWARE: Pioneer DDJ-RZX - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

pioneer just announced a new controller:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kLxvt4R8muE

i know they wanna make rekordbox more popular and probably the screens will be useless for other dj software, as the screen from XDJ-RX, but I really hope that the pioneer does a good job and do not try to monopolize almost all hardware for rekordbox and the use of this new controller is as good as the DDJ SZ is with VDJ.

and if pioneer try to lock everything for other software, lets everybody know and simply will not buy hardware that are blocked.

but I am hopeful that this controlling is 100% compatible (including screens) with VDJ. is a good time for VDJ team add support for it in version 8.2.1

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 7:47 am
At £2499 they can keep it.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 7:55 am
If you read and look at the video... You can see someone at Pioneer has downloaded VDJ to have a look what they have to copy LOL
If VDJ will support this controller... I'm absolutely going to buy this one..

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 9:25 am
brunoliv wrote :
but I am hopeful that this controlling is 100% compatible (including screens) with VDJ. is a good time for VDJ team add support for it in version 8.2.1

Don't bet your money on it, because my XDJ players screens only work 100% with ProDJ link from Pioneer (that's ethernet cable connection)
So I guess they have done the same with this one.

Would be logic, because your USB port(s) have to be enormous stable to give all realtime outputs from all screens and audio interface etc etc.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 9:28 am
DDJ-RZX does not have an ethernet interface. Only the known 2 USB ports (for 2 computers)
So yes, it's video over USB.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 9:37 am
:)
This is going to be interesting..but it will take a while to map all of the features (where possible) of this unit.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 9:44 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
DDJ-RZX does not have an ethernet interface. Only the known 2 USB ports (for 2 computers)
So yes, it's video over USB.

Uhh. Then you guys can probably make it work with VDJ somehow.
I have the utmost faith in you!

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 10:43 am
Pioneer is really coming through, they've made good on their timeline and RBDJ just keeps getting better plus the hardware.

Nice job Pioneer, maybe these other companys will quit monkeying around with kids stuff and step it up (VDJ)......

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 11:04 am
Have you actually tried Rekordbox Dj and it's video implementation or you're just bitching ? :P

Pioneer is great at making hardware. There's no-one that can claim the opposite. However Rekordbox Dj (Performance mode) has still to travel a long road in order to be in par with the rest competition. Yes it has some nice ideas and some "Pioneer proprietary" sounds & stuff, but it still lacks in many aspects and MOSTLY performance wise...

Don't take my words for granted though... Try to use it for an entire night. Or talk with Serato users that tried it (since you seem to consider VirtualDj users are biased)

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:03 pm
Yes I own it....... And what was I "bitching" about George??

As far as being bias towards VDJ, get over it already!! I use VDJ every single day, at every party, at all my events!! I do nothing but push this software to everyone I know so quit with the shit already.

Sorry I'm vocal about things id like to see added and the things I don't like. Its just really frustrating when I go through these forums and see some one who's never been here before ask for something and within 24 hours its there yet things I've been asking for for years he laughed at or shot down because I'm not well liked.

Seriously!?!

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:08 pm
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
maybe these other companys will quit monkeying around with kids stuff and step it up (VDJ)......

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:10 pm
BTW: If you own Rekordbox Video then please try to load a mpg file on one of the decks and do a transition (no need to apply video effects or video for camera, e.t.c.)

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:12 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
the SOUND INSURGENT wrote :
maybe these other companys will quit monkeying around with kids stuff and step it up (VDJ)......

That's what you consider 'bitching'?? Really??

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:16 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
BTW: If you own Rekordbox Video then please try to load a mpg file on one of the decks and do a transition (no need to apply video effects or video for camera, e.t.c.)

Like you said George, its new software!! Yeah I still has problems so does VDJ, SDJ and Traktor, what's your point??

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:17 pm
My point is that you try to present Rekordbox Dj (developed by Pioneer in house now) as the best thing ever happened to the dj world, that will make everyone else move on.
Yes Rekordbox Dj advances as any other software. Yes it has it's share in the market and this share will grow. But the way you put it is like worshiping Rekordbox and Pioneer. Competition is good for everyone. But neither Serato, Traktor or VirtualDj will "get more serious" because Pioneer released a killer controller or Rekordbox does video and DVS now.
As for the features set, the company has many things to weight before introducing a new feature. I've been around for quite a long time to know that several things you asked for have been implemented. And for some of these things I backed you up. Then again, I have my own "personal set of features" I would like to see on VirtualDj and they are not a reality yet... Because the company has it's own way to decide what to implement and when and it does not do it as a "favor" to anyone.

Anyway, this is getting out of line. If you wish to talk more about this open a new thread or send me a PM.
This thread is about Pioneer DDJ-RZX

PS: I'm not a native speaker, but I think I can understand English very well. However if I misunderstood something I apologize publicly beforehand.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:29 pm
The more I read about it, the less I like this controller.
Maybe it's because I'm not a Video DJ...

It looked great for a short while. I mean, look at all the beautiful blinking colors
But it doesn't really bring anything to the table that I want to do, which can't already be done using my Denon or Reloop (or older Pioneer) controller
Instead it's just too big, too expensive and tries to limit my choices
Actually it feels more and more like my Pioneer days are behind me

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 1:32 pm
I have said it before and actually contacted Atomix about this. Since I am serious about it.
It's time for Atomix to start developing hardware, really stable piece of equipment together with VDJ.
I have showed Atomix my interest and given my competence since I am already today active in professional audio development. But I was turned down since Atomix does not focus on hardware.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 5:08 pm
It's really just a RZ/SZ with a Numark Dashboard stuck on. Oh, and the price inflated.

I might have been tempted (even at that crazy price) if it had offered standalone USB playback, but no - it's just a controller.

I think it'd make more sense to spend the money on a pair of XDJ1000 and a DJM900. Get yourself something that works without a laptop.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 5:18 pm
XDJ's can't do video.
Neither DJM-900
Obviously this unit targets Video Jockeys as it can show video preview on screens (Dashboard can't do that)
The "stand alone" solution offered by Pioneer at this moment is far more expensive than this unit AND a laptop.
If you are an "audio only" dj then yes this unit won't suit you. Too big, too heavy, too expensive.
But my guess is that a lot of clubs doing video will install it as the heart of their booth, and a lot of video Jockeys will get tempted to get one.
If not now, in about an year that the street price will have drop to more "user friendly" levels.

PS: Most likely KJ's would love to have one too, but it's waaaaay too expensive for Karaoke Jockeys.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 6:28 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
XDJ's can't do video.
Neither DJM-900

This can't do video either - on its own. It needs a computer. A pair of XDJs and mixer could "do video" if you used them to control (for example) VDJ.

I'm just saying that (for the money) I think it's better to go for hardware which doesn't totally rely on a computer to function.

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 11:01 pm
29%