Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Change colours on skin

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi, I would like to know how I change the colour red to another colour, because I can hardly see red on black screen when I use my projector with virtual dj. I like the original 4channel skin, but channel 2 (red) is almost unreadable, so it stops there when I try to play. Any tips please?

Posted Sun 19 Jun 16 @ 7:40 pm

Posted Mon 20 Jun 16 @ 5:18 am
you could use this color table and replace inside the deck 2 or 4 # 000000 the following information in text or gradient
if the skin has buttons with red colors you want to replace Might change or recreate in Photoshop or some other image design software

Posted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 5:00 pm
The easy way of changing the skin code is to just set the "red deck" to use the same graphics and hex codes as the "blue deck" - so you have two blue decks.

Posted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 5:18 pm
Thank you guys :)

I get a litte more satisfied with V8 Fruit skin since it has black background and makes more contrast to red, but not perfect though...

About changing colour table and skin code, I'm totally blank about how to do that... :p but thanks anyway :) I should learn how to make my own skin, but I would probably have to quit my job to get time to do that hehe...

Maybe the easiest way is to set up another place to mix with a bright monitor instead of the projector... / btw, I have a setup with 150" screen in front of me with the projector, in a pretty dark room... nice for movies though :)

Posted Sat 25 Jun 16 @ 12:42 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
And it is hard too see because it's a projector, or because you have difficulties to see some reds ?

Posted Sun 26 Jun 16 @ 7:21 am
Its becauce it is a cheap projector... I think red is weaker in strenght in all screen types.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 10:16 am
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Interesting.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 10:51 am
To be honest, something most Dj's won't do is to calibrate their displays.
Therefore you have all sort of issues rising up when it comes to visibility of graphics.
Most display drivers allow users to adjust brightness / contrast and additionally the screen's gamma either as a global value or as R/G/B values.

Calibrating your display(s) is something you should do regardless of Dj'ing and visibility of a skin.

Finally while the proper calibration requires special knowledge and special filter sheets, you can achieve very good results (far better than a screen/display that's not calibrated) if you just follow the directions of your driver's calibration wizard.

Posted Mon 27 Jun 16 @ 10:57 am
PhantomDeejay wrote :
To be honest, something most Dj's won't do is to calibrate their displays.
Therefore you have all sort of issues rising up when it comes to visibility of graphics.
Most display drivers allow users to adjust brightness / contrast and additionally the screen's gamma either as a global value or as R/G/B values.

Calibrating your display(s) is something you should do regardless of Dj'ing and visibility of a skin.

Finally while the proper calibration requires special knowledge and special filter sheets, you can achieve very good results (far better than a screen/display that's not calibrated) if you just follow the directions of your driver's calibration wizard.

Sure, this is essential. But this don't help the low brightness in red... My point is also that yellow, green and light blue is 3 bright colours... but red is totally red, not light red or something... just 255,0,0...

Posted Thu 30 Jun 16 @ 9:18 pm
Is there a skin-editor? In case, could someone give me a link and a quick explanation? Or do I have to know programming to do this little thing?

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 4:19 pm
No, there's no skin editor.
You don't need to know programming to do that change. However you need to read a little bit of how skins work.
Anyway if it's just the red color of the default skin you wish to change send me the color code of the new color you wish to have and I'll do it for you

Posted Fri 01 Jul 16 @ 4:41 pm
PhantomDeejay wrote :
No, there's no skin editor.
You don't need to know programming to do that change. However you need to read a little bit of how skins work.
Anyway if it's just the red color of the default skin you wish to change send me the color code of the new color you wish to have and I'll do it for you

Thanks man, I appreciate it very much.

https://s.graphiq.com/sites/default/files/2307/media/images/Fuchsia_Pink_430085_i0.png
this colour would do the job.

(ps: I use the 4 channel skin though, not sure if your modification will affect 2 or 4 channel skin or both...)

Posted Sat 02 Jul 16 @ 4:17 am
I tried to edit the images in the skin zip of V8 by fruit, and could change colours of everything except the waveform and fonts :p
Original skin will not load if I edit the images in the zip... but i like better V8 by fruit though. hmmm...

Posted Sat 09 Jul 16 @ 10:28 am
This issue is not a problem anymore, as I have rearranged my computer-desk and use a monitor now. But I still want to learn how to edit skins, but have no rush. Where should I start to read to understand to do this?

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 7:48 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013

Posted Mon 25 Jul 16 @ 12:56 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Tue 26 Jul 16 @ 4:47 pm
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
I have a question about how to change the color of the Browser, Folder List and Side list

I have changed the color of the "Full Browser Skin" and the "Default Skin" , but the Browser, folder and Side list sections stay grey.

is it possible to change these colors? I don't see the setting in the XML files .

I have even enlarged the clock, via the XML file.

Thanks for any input

Al

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 1:41 pm

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 1:49 pm
mrdjalPRO InfinityMember since 2009
groovindj wrote :
See here http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Skin%20Browser.html

To change the browser colours, you need to add the <colors> code to the standard <browser> statement in the skin XML.

Hey Groovindj
Thanks for the info,,,,,,,,,,,But I am missing something, I do not know what part of the code from the sample to add or where to enter it in the
2 decks.xml file.
I keep getting errors when trying to load the skin

Would it be toooo much to ask for you to show me what string and where in enter it to make the browser and side panels red ( #FF0000 )

Thanks
Al

Posted Wed 31 Aug 16 @ 7:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)