Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: re-use of chained commands

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

alucasCUE userMember since 2008
If I have a series of chained commands to perform some task, is it possible to store it somehow (a macro?) so that it can be assigned to a button in my main skin and a keyboard key and a button in a remote skin? If not, it would be a useful facility.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 9:57 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
It depends on what you mean by "macro" or chained commands. Whatever VDJ scripts you have came up with, you can..
- assign those to custom buttons (available in VirtualDJ 8 in the 2 decks default skin and several custom ones)
- assign those to keyboard or controller buttons.

Keep in mind that those scripts are executed only when those keys/buttons are pressed.

Additionally vdj scripts can be executed when a POI is reached, by adding a vdj script to a Hotcue via POI Editor.

If none of the above "work" for you, you will need to provide further details.

If this is related to http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/210363/VirtualDJ_Skins/VDJ_Script_to_set_pitch_from_user_field.html then please keep your Qs into one topic.

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 11:39 am
alucasCUE userMember since 2008
Thank you for your response. I realise that I can assign a chain of commands to a button in a skin and a keyboard key. My point is that to do this you have to copy and paste the commands from one place to another and, perhaps more importantly, if a change is necessary you have to remember to do it in each occurrence. It would be nice if I could store the chain of commands somewhere (in a file perhaps) and then execute the file from a button action in any skin or a keyboard map. Then, if there is a change, it is only done in one place.

(PS this is a completely different question from my other recent topic you mention)

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 1:37 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can store to keyboard buttons and have multiple custom mappings that can be loaded from CONTROLLERS tab on the fly.

Custom buttons on the skin, can also take multiple actions. You can assign more than 1 on the same Custom button and then right-click and choose which ones you want.
https://www.youtube.com/embed/nGbw2RHV_j0?rel=0&autoplay=1

Posted Sat 18 Jun 16 @ 2:07 pm
I think I understand the request/suggestion.

A script can be a very long and complex thing. It would be good if each script could be given a 'nickname' (like a short URL for the web) so that if you wanted to add it to a button, you could simply type in the nickname rather than the entire script, and it would do the same thing.

Example: You have a script that's 1000 characters. You should be able to store it somewhere and then assign a name (e.g.) BobsCueScript. Then when you want to assign that script to a button you simply enter 'BobsCueScript' instead of the whole 1000 character string.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 6:39 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
The v7 addon cueMacro allowed this, the script is given a cueName on a xml, have the addon running and place a hotcue [on the fly] with the said cueName, for completeness/tidying up your script should include [at the very end] a command to delete said hotcue.

Posted Sun 03 Jul 16 @ 7:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)