Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: How to modify a 2-deck son to 4 deck

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Ive mentioned this elsewhere but its a question on its own right..

As far as I'm aware, to have a 4 deck skin you need each deck in its own panel and 2 of the 4 decks can share the same screen space..

But id like to know, if you have a left/right logic skin, could i easily add a deck switch to the left/right?? (without having to panel-ise everything)

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 1:13 pm
A skin with "left/right" logic can hold as many decks as you want since only one deck at a time can be left or right.
So, you can have a skin with 30 decks and only show 2 on screen (the "left" and the "right")

Posted Fri 17 Jun 16 @ 1:31 pm
so the coding for this would be that i skin the left deck etc, but how do i switch it to deck 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...

Its the leg work with the panels (for each of the however many decks) I'm wanting to avoid if possible.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 12:36 am
That depends on how you want to do it...
Generally you'll have to create some buttons with these commands:
deck 1 leftdeck, deck 2 rightdeck, deck 3 leftdeck, deck 4 rightdeck, deck 5 leftdeck, deck 6 rightdeck e.t.c.

So you create your "left/right" deck layout and then you place these buttons wherever you want. These buttons will change which deck is visible on each side of your skin.
If that's a skin for personal usage you can even skip the buttons on screen and use keyboard shortcuts or control them through your controller.

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 10:59 am
PS: When you design your skin you set all elements to deck="left" or deck="right"
Then you use the buttons I mentioned on my previous post to control which deck is shows on which place on screen

Posted Tue 21 Jun 16 @ 11:01 am
yes its for my use initially, it might get released in the future but only after i redesign the graphics (because for now everything is "borrowed")

so, my skin has the decks as deck="left" and deck="right"

can i use a custom button with (or even a permanent button..)
deck 'left' ? deck 1 : deck 3 : deck 5
deck 'right' ? deck 2 : deck 4 : deck 6

Posted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 12:03 am
The code you need for each button is:

deck 1 leftdeck ? deck 3 leftdeck : deck 3 leftdeck ? deck 5 leftdeck : deck 1 leftdeck

deck 2 rightdeck ? deck 4 rightdeck : deck 4 rightdeck ? deck 6 rightdeck : deck 2 rightdeck

And yes they can be custom buttons or fixed buttons

Posted Thu 23 Jun 16 @ 7:16 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)