Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [NEW] VirtualDJ 8.2 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

Atomix Productions is proud to announce a new version of its flagship software VirtualDJ, which brings many important improvements and new features:

In an era where DJ hardware is moving more and more toward a better synergy with DJ software, we redesigned VirtualDJ to be more controller-centric.
As such, the new pad section will fit right at home on most modern controllers, but at the same time brings a versatility and easiness that is the trademark of VirtualDJ.

The audio engine has been improved, and we managed to perfect even more our already top-of-the-line BPM analysis algorithm.
And our acclaimed video engine also saw some significant performance boost with a smarter use of hardware acceleration.

The connected aspect has not been forgotten, with some brand new features like Ask.The.DJ

And of course, the overall stability has been maintained to rock-solid level, with the lowest crash ratio in the industry.

(more info on changes: http://virtualdj.com/wiki/VirtualDJv8.2.html )

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 7:56 am
Note: VirtualDJ 8.2 is available as "Early Acceess" for now, so if you want to try it, go in the options in virtualDJ, search for "EarlyAccessUpdates" and turn it on. (and restart virtualdj to force an update check, then wait for the download to complete)

Note2: because of some permission changes in MacOS 10.11, you cannot auto-update from 8.1 to 8.2.
So if you are on Mac and want to install 8.2, download and install it from here:
http://www.virtualdj.com/download/build.html
(auto-update will work between 8.2 builds though)

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 7:59 am
the best just got better great video improvements thanks vdj

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 1:53 pm
WOW!
What a surprise!

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 2:40 pm
JMHUKPRO InfinityMember since 2014
Very exciting news!

Is there a page with any information on new features such as 'Ask the DJ'?

Would love to find out more about how it works; if it is interactive (two-way) at all; and if there is the ability to (optionally) show what track is currently playing using the same interface, so that people don't need to ask ..?

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 2:50 pm

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 2:52 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I Like the Name....

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 3:08 pm
We have a generic Twitter hashtag at one of my venues, but when I try entering the name it comes up with this message.

Any ideas why it won't load the tweets?

Love the feature by the way!

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 3:14 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
Seems the keyword is already used by another user

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 3:29 pm
Yes, but as hashtags are generic it shouldn't matter if someone else uses the same phrase.

Would also be handy if the number of unread messages appeared next to the Ask The DJ icon so we know if anything new has come in whilst browsing other folders.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 3:31 pm
I've just had a play with the Twitter part - I had to ensure that my Twitter name was tagged in the tweet using the @ to show up - tried it first with a # but no show. Am guessing that the username you chose has been taken already by someone else - I've just used the same as is on my Twitter already.

Hope that makes sense.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 3:31 pm
Hm, for some reason the update doesnt show up in my VDJ 8.1

EarlyAccessUpdates is set to yes and check-for-updates too. Internet-dont-connect is set to no.

Is there any direkt link to download?

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:07 pm
AsTheDJPRO InfinityMember since 2008

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:30 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
kradcliffe wrote :
Yes, but as hashtags are generic it shouldn't matter if someone else uses the same phrase.

If 100 DJs were able to use the same hashtag then how are you going to know if the request is intended for you or one of the other hundred DJs?

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:41 pm
The chances of that are pretty slim.

Can you please explain who or why the #sunsetdj tag can't be used?

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:51 pm

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:57 pm
It more than likely is not a twitter issue as changing keywords will also create a new ask.the.dj url which stays reserved for a period time before it becomes available again or if there is a user account with that name already it will not be available. (which phantom has pointed out there is).

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 4:58 pm
Just been having play and it is awesome, the twitter thing is genius and thank the lord I can use my actual dj name (MrDjLinton) rather than the cock up I made when signing up to virtual dj with the wrong user name, the sound is much cleaner to and I'm loving the options menu layout

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 5:07 pm
Thanks. I can understand why that would apply to the ask.the.dj page but as I said before Twitter hashtags can be used by multiple people (it also states that in the video detailing the function) so is it possible for the twitter option to monitor that hashtag for more than one person?

It's not like you are posting from that name, just receiving information.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 5:08 pm
@LSL50 have you tried asking support if they can change your user name? Beatbreaker had his changed recently.

Posted Mon 06 Jun 16 @ 5:10 pm
10%