Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Multitouch skin by DjDad

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

First off let me just say what an amazing skin. Thanks so much. I love the large browser and the ability to bump back and forth from a fx page to the regular old info layout. I appreciate the default skin, but I do love a large browser window :)

I have a DDJ-SZ and I've remapped a couple buttons to suit myself, but I seem to be stuck on a way to accomplish one task.

When I set the command "sideview +1" it doesn't seem command anything.
I have also tried to set a similar button for the keyboard control but my syntax is all wrong or I am referencing something incorrectly. I have tried writing your references to "$sideview 0/1/2/3" in operators (? And :), tried referencing the original names and even copying lines from other skin xml lines to the string in yours as well, all to no avail.

As well, I am trying to integrate the "clone" button from the default VDJ 8 skin with similar success...

Before you think "this guy sounds like he doesn't know what he's talking about" please be aware that I do not, in fact, know what I am talking about. I have a limited knowledge of these things that tops out around middling excel spreadsheet operators at best.

I would love to be able to map that function to one of these largely unused buttons and also clone a browser pane from another simple push. The DDJ puts the laptop a bit out of reach and this would make such a repetitive function so much smoother.

Thanks in advance for any insight you may have to what I am doing wrong, and again, thanks for such a fantastic skin. I hope my requests are not received as negative criticism.

Posted Tue 24 May 16 @ 6:40 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
The skin has a custom Sideview, not the default one, so sideview +1 wont work.
cycle '$sideview' 4
will do the job

Posted Wed 25 May 16 @ 12:31 am
ha ha ha!!!

my friend, you are a champion! thanks so much, it worked like a charm :)

Posted Wed 25 May 16 @ 12:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)