Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Coloured cues and loops in build 2819

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

SBDJ has just posted a changelog for build 2819 and I see there's new stuff related to coloured cue points and coloured loops.

More info please...

Posted Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 8:31 pm
I set a colour on a cue but it didn't seem to appear anywhere.

Not sure if the SX2 picks up the colour on the pads as I don't have it plugged in.

Posted Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 8:50 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
So you can set colours for cues and loops using the POI editor, or the cue_color and loop_color commands.

At this time they aren't displayed anywhere on the default skin, but you can of course use them yourself in your own skin if you want, for example (lacking position, size etc):

<visual type="color" source="cue_color 1"/>

For getting the colour, there is a single parameter - the slot to get it from.

For setting the colour there are two parameters - the slot to set, and the colour to set it, e.g.

cue_color 1 'red'

loop_color 1 '#00FF00'

Controller mappings haven't been updated yet either (this is still an earlyAccess release after all, plus of course custom mappings won't be updated), but can easily be used by changing the LED mapping for the pad, so for example hot cue pad 4:

cue_color 4

If no colour is selected for a cue/loop then it will inherit the default deck colour that it is loaded to. cue_color/loop_color also provide dark colours for if said POI isn't set. You could always override that dark colour with something like:

hot_cue 4 ? cue_color 4 : get_constant 'green'

Posted Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 10:28 pm
OK thanks I'll have a play (I'm in the middle of making a skin for myself at the moment).

Posted Mon 18 Jan 16 @ 10:36 pm
I'm slightly baffled now....

Currently, skins use cue or cues XML statements within the songpos and/or rhythmzone code.

Does the new coloured cue <visual type="color" source="cue_color X"/> replace this, work alongside it, get in the way of it or what?

Does the visual need to be an actual bitmap image in the skin PNG (like the current cue lines) or is it automagically generated like the source="constant" colours (so you just need to specify location and size)?

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 7:29 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
For now, there is no way to have colored Cue markers on songpos, rhtyhm or scratchwave skin elements. This will be added in a future update and the Default skins will have this implemented as well.

At the moment, you can only use the <visual type="color" > to display colors over some (hotcue) buttons.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 8:21 pm
Ah, OK.......big misunderstanding then.

I think most people had assumed (and will assume) it to mean coloured cue points, not just the ability to colour buttons.

Posted Tue 19 Jan 16 @ 8:29 pm
In my case there's just a visual on topic each hotcue button.

My hotcue buttons technically are panels already due to several pieces of information they offer.
However even if they weren't, adding 8 visuals is not that big deal. And you don't even need to convert buttons to panels. You just overlay the visuals on top of the buttons

Posted Sun 24 Jan 16 @ 7:11 pm
PS: The hard part was the waveform colored markers. Not t the buttons!
Skin will be released most likely tomorrow so that you can download and take a look

Posted Sun 24 Jan 16 @ 7:13 pm
FruitPRO InfinityMember since 2003
How can I test if a custom color has been set or not ?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 11:14 am
SBDJ wrote :
cue_color 1 'red'

Also I'm trying to insert this on the oninit action but it doesn't seem to work, how and where must we put that ?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 12:06 pm
djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Fruit wrote :
SBDJ wrote :
cue_color 1 'red'

Also I'm trying to insert this on the oninit action but it doesn't seem to work, how and where must we put that ?

test this:
has_cue 1 ? cue_color 1 'red'

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 12:41 pm
Fruit wrote :
How can I test if a custom color has been set or not ?

You can't.
You can only query the color itself

Also your <ONINIT /> action won't work because cue_color 1 'red' is a song specific action (it will change hotcue 1 color to red for the loaded track on that deck)

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 1:32 pm
lincol2PRO InfinityMember since 2011
Fruit I am sensing that you are thinking about the getting the CUE colored, this will be great.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 1:52 pm
ohshit wrote :
Fruit I am sensing that you are thinking about the getting the CUE
Yes, but no...

What I would like is to define a set of 'default' cue colors (i.e. cue 1 blue, cue 2 red) for every song, UNTIL the user sets his own colour for a particular song and a particular cue. It seems it will not be doable with only those visuals...

PhantomDeejay wrote :
Also your <ONINIT /> action won't work because cue_color 1 'red' is a song specific action (it will change hotcue 1 color to red for the loaded track on that deck)
So it's not even a skin action as far as I understand ? Or where should it go ? which skin element ?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 1:56 pm
djsadimPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Fruit wrote :

What I would like is to define a set of 'default' cue colors (i.e. cue 1 blue, cue 2 red) for every song, UNTIL the user sets his own colour for a particular song and a particular cue. It seems it will not be doable with only those visuals...

You can do the following (have I do) in each hot cue button you put the code
<button action="has_cue 1 ? hot_cue 1 : hot_cue 1 & cue_color 1 'red'">
of course have and maper controller of the same code we have respectively to

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 2:35 pm
djsadim wrote :
You can do the following
That's only for the current song...

Also if no cue is set, it still have the deck's color...

But may help a bit... Thanks.

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 2:40 pm
"Also if no cue is set, it still have the deck's color..."

I hope this isn't to far off topic, but,
would it be possible to have the colors visible on a controller (no set cues = deck color, set cues as 4 colors, just an example), but,
on the skin show either;
the buttons full on in color when they're set
or,
just the little number in color when they're not

hhhmmmm?

Posted Thu 07 Apr 16 @ 8:10 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)