Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Amazing Promise

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The promise of what virtualDJ can be is amazing. As a FORMER atomixmp3 user I can say that this is one hell of a program. Yes I have tried others (Tractor, etc.), but none compair to the potential of this program. I have to say the teamers have been GREAT in responding to issues and questions I have had. As with ANY new program, there WILL be bugs to work out. I hope that this will be done in a timely fashion. When all is said and done and all is in order, I think VirtualDJ will be a force to be reconned with! Yes, I am still working out bugs with the program as are many others. I do believe given my recent interactions with some teamers (thanks Yan-x and DJ Homeboy!) that they too long to get "it right."

This is NOT a ass kiss letter. It is an honest appraisal of someone who has tried the others and now sees the future of DJ-ing. I started in the dark ages of vinyl and a nu-mark mixer (yes I am in my 40's!),but think this is great!

Sincerely,
Ronny582

Posted Thu 09 Oct 03 @ 7:33 pm
Hi,
I'd have to agree there, I do think it's still needs a wee polish here n' there but I'm well happy with program and think of it as something which I paid for reluctantly(cough, cough been there already) but now love.

later,
Liam

*kiss, kiss*

Posted Thu 09 Oct 03 @ 8:00 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
LOL, I too started with Vinyl and a Numark mixer. Man, that console was freaking HEAVY!! Not to mention the many crates of records that had to be carried with it.
I hear talk of bugs that still need to be worked out, but I haven't seen any of them recently. VDJ does everything I want it to do and much more. I too am well into my 40's. I remember being dragged kicking and screaming into the CD age. I said I would never switch from my records.
Ha Ha!!

the funny thing is there are still guys like that out there.

Posted Thu 09 Oct 03 @ 8:25 pm
So, another "old TImer"! Man...back in the beginning of "Disco" the club life was CRAZY! People today might never belive some of the "stuff" that was happening. And we are alive to talk about it!

I remember when they used to load up a bowl full of Poppers (Amyl) and put a fan behind it to buzz the dance floor!

OMG!

Ronny582

Posted Thu 09 Oct 03 @ 8:50 pm
mp3jrickPRO InfinityHonorary MemberMember since 2003
Rick,
Your words are poetry man. I have done battle with every vinyl and cd egomaniac in every forum I've traveled to.
I also am in my mid 40's and have also have been "converted".
Right on man, spread the word where ever you go! It's a battle field out there with every reason under the sun for amunition.
Signed, 'A wanna be dj',
Rick (wudya no)

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 12:39 am
I remember when I use my first SL1200 in 1980 (and my first « echo effect » with a BIG Akai tape deck) At 42yo, now I’m a computer DJ and I like it !

I just want to know when we open an “Old timer forum” ? LOL

Keep mixing! :-)

Coyote

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 2:45 am
Do you remember when your "lite show" was controlled by a BIG metal board filled with toggle switches???? Thank god for computers! Now it is so seamless!!!

Ronny582

Posted Fri 10 Oct 03 @ 2:26 pm
holy smokes.....talk about the oldies........lol...i am 50 and i too remember the echo effect ussing a three head tape player on record while playing back........woo-hoo.....maybe we should open an oldtimers forum....i too had to be dragged kicking, screaming, spitting and biting into the cd era....boy...if i had of had atomix or virtual 30 years ago i could have rocked the world.....now all i do is bug the neighbours......lol

Posted Sat 11 Oct 03 @ 1:54 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)