Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Strange one last night - Page: 4

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

TVD UKPRO InfinityMember since 2007
Is there any software that i can batch run files through to lower db of track or is it a case of one by one?

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 3:13 pm
there is software that can adjust the gain but it will be a lot of work and VDJ does the same thing and you are already using it so why not lower the zeroDB a little more and you will be good. you don't have to use the db numbers you can use a decimal like 0.75 or 0.5 or 0.6 etc to get to the perfect spot you desire.

if you want to go the software route check out mp3gain (http://mp3gain.sourceforge.net/) it doesn't re-encode the file so there is no sound degradation

good luck

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 3:24 pm
i just want to do all the older stuff, that all seems too high all current stuff ios fine as is, thanks i,ll have a look at that

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 3:32 pm
There's also a "one stop shop" solution called Platinum Notes that will adjust volume (including removing clipping), correct pitch, process the dynamics etc.

However, it does create new files for every track it processes. The idea is that you can keep your originals, but the new versions will have been decoded and re-encoded, which for lossy formats means a potential slight quality drop.

It's fine if you need a quick fix for multiple files, but it's nothing you couldn't do yourself with some audio editing s/w.

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 3:40 pm
Thanks, mp3gain does the trick until vdj adjusts it after re analysing, maybe just don't re analyse the old stuff then it seems fine removes the clipping from the tracks.

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 3:45 pm
Platinum Notes looks good, shame no free trial, just remembered too, you can't use the +1 or -1 gain keyboard shortcut as you could in VDJ7 knew there was a reason i stopped using it lol Just set up with tonights gig so see how that goes at -3db later on. I think that is the way to go

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 5:11 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
The gain adjustment works fine with VDJ8.1 for me bud, give it a shot again.
[PGDWN] gain -1
[PGUP] gain +1

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 5:36 pm
I,m using VDJ8 but no it will operate the gain knob ok, but it has no effect, i had this issue some time back going from vdj7 to 8 and hence stopped using it. When i set up just now i tried and even lowering it to nothing had no effect ( can't find what thread it was on)
"EQ, Volumes and Gains are set to "fake" "
EDIT oh here it is http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/204021/VirtualDJ_7_Technical_Support_(PC_Version)/First_gig_vdj_8.html?search=gain%20-1&page=1.6

Not to worry now all set to -3db so stage one of the gain link should be sorted. controller seems not to clip and speakers are not clipping at desired level so i,m happier now. Might need to turn the bass bins down a bit as they shake the room!

@kradcliffe in that you say Personally I use mp3gain at 94db on all my MP3 files and leave the VDJ gain totally disabled That works well!

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 5:38 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
I'm curious why the gain setting doesn't work for you. I just tested it fully again. I loaded a track and started playing it. Using the mapping above I lowed erred the gain, this lowered the channel VU meter and its output. I used the page up button to set it to its normal setting. All worked fine.

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 6:17 pm
Because i'm using my controller as mixer and EQ, Volumes and Gains are set to "fake according to that thread. I don't want to mess with the mapper so i think that is why.
With VDJ7 i always used it and adjusted each track but with 8 i can't without doing what it says./
I have left/right tab (ones with arrows on) set but yes wont actually change anything due to this fake thing. Oh well got my dickie Bow on now off for some beer and work (Local so walking tonight)

Don't forget you are using software mixing i,m not (maybe i should, be blinkin easier) lol
My controller does not control VDJ, but my keyboard mapping could ( in theory)

Posted Sat 12 Dec 15 @ 6:33 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)