Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Move track to next in automix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

While creating a custom skin for my own benefit, I asked a friend if there were any feature he wished VDJ could do and he came up with one that I think could be useful. Maybe not for "proper" DJs who mix everything manually, but for party DJs or Karaoke DJs who just add music to the automix queue and let it mix automatically.

Is there a way of moving a track to next in the automix queue? I.E. a track further down the queue or one selected in the browser - use an automated action to move it to next in the queue (to be mixed automatically when the current track finishes)

You can manually drag one up the queue or drag one from the browser into the queue at that point, so VDJ must be able to perform that action. The question is, can it be automated?

I can't find a script verb to do this, so what about a plugin? I've not looked into those as I don't know how they are created.

DJDAD has a 100% record so far in helping me with my skinning issues, so I'm expecting great things :-)

Many thanks for any help on this matter

Posted Tue 03 Nov 15 @ 6:19 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 2:45 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
Even by plugin it would be a horribly messy hack to even try and implement - you'd effectively have to save the playlist, edit that saved playlist to change the order, clear the playlist and then reload it. There would be side effects from doing this too.

Messy.

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 9:15 am
OK thanks guys, I thought as much.
Now I wonder if I stick this in the features request section......

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 4:52 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
If Mr.Plugin says its messy, then probably will stay in Requests forum for ever :D

Posted Wed 04 Nov 15 @ 5:50 pm
Yeah, that doesn't sound practical to be honest. Cheers anyway though

Posted Mon 09 Nov 15 @ 10:23 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)