Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Does not seem compatible with Virtual DJ 8

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

clc54PRO InfinityMember since 2015
I've built a DSP plugin (C++) using Visual Studio 2015. I used the vdjDsp8.h and vdjPlugin8.h that are available here on the forum. The plugin builds fine on my local Lenovo Carbon running Windows 10, and in Virtual DJ it loads up and works fine. However, if I bring the plugin dll to another PC, it shows up in the list of available plugins, but when I select it I get a pop up stating "This plugin does not seem compatible with Virtual DJ 8" and an OK button. After I click OK it then marks the plugin as incompatible and I can't use it. Any ideas? I've recompiled and recompiled. Updated all of my Virtual DJ 8 instances to the very latest build 2465.1072, and it still works fine on the laptop I built it on, but fails on the other PC??

And yes, I followed all instructions in http://www.virtualdj.com/forums/95136/VirtualDJ_Plugins/Plugin_not_working__Controls_not_showing__DX_File_Missing_______Read_this_before_posting_____.html
All Visual C++ redistributables are installed. You can't install Direct X 9.0 on Windows 8.1...

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 12:00 am
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
clc54 wrote :
but when I select it I get a pop up stating "This plugin does not seem compatible with Virtual DJ 8" and an OK button. After I click OK it then marks the plugin as incompatible and I can't use it

Your plugin failed to load on the other PC, most likely either due to a missing dependency or a mistake in your code. Check your Runtime Library setting (Configuration Properties > C++ > Code Generation > Runtime Library) and make sure it's not using a shared library, so for a release build ensure it is /MT.

clc54 wrote :
You can't install Direct X 9.0 on Windows 8.1...

You are mistaken, but it's irrelevant for a DSP plugin.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 12:40 am
clc54PRO InfinityMember since 2015
SBDJ wrote :

Your plugin failed to load on the other PC, most likely either due to a missing dependency or a mistake in your code. Check your Runtime Library setting (Configuration Properties > C++ > Code Generation > Runtime Library) and make sure it's not using a shared library, so for a release build ensure it is /MT.

Perfect! Worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick reply, looks like default flag is /Md in VS2015.

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 2:55 am
clc54 wrote :
Perfect! Worked like a charm. Thanks for the quick reply, looks like default flag is /Md in VS2015.

It's the default for every VS version I can remember. Glad you're sorted :)

Posted Wed 07 Oct 15 @ 8:05 am
I'm trying to create a simple plugin using the sample provided at http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/Plugins_SDKv8_Example.html . The code compiles and builds fine. I put the generated .dll file in the directory HOME_DIRCETORY\VirtualDJ\Plugins. Do I have create a directory for the plugin in the HOME_DIRCETORY\VirtualDJ\Plugins directory? How can I determine when the plugin has been loaded by VDJ? Where do I select the plugin from in VDJ? I have the pro version.

Thanks.

Here is the output from the build:

1>------ Rebuild All started: Project: MyPlugin8, Configuration: Debug Win32 ------
1> stdafx.cpp
1> dllmain.cpp
1> MyPlugin8.cpp
1>e:\development\visual studio 2015\projects\myplugin8\myplugin8\vdjplugin8.h(141): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
1>e:\development\visual studio 2015\projects\myplugin8\myplugin8\vdjplugin8.h(142): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
1>e:\development\visual studio 2015\projects\myplugin8\myplugin8\vdjplugin8.h(144): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
1> Main.cpp
1>e:\development\visual studio 2015\projects\myplugin8\myplugin8\vdjplugin8.h(141): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
1>e:\development\visual studio 2015\projects\myplugin8\myplugin8\vdjplugin8.h(142): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
1>e:\development\visual studio 2015\projects\myplugin8\myplugin8\vdjplugin8.h(144): warning C4244: 'argument': conversion from 'int' to 'float', possible loss of data
1> Generating Code...
1> Creating library E:\development\visual studio 2015\Projects\MyPlugin8\Debug\MyPlugin8.lib and object E:\development\visual studio 2015\Projects\MyPlugin8\Debug\MyPlugin8.exp
1> MyPlugin8.vcxproj -> E:\development\visual studio 2015\Projects\MyPlugin8\Debug\MyPlugin8.dll
========== Rebuild All: 1 succeeded, 0 failed, 0 skipped ==========

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 7:40 am
The plugin will go in Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins, and a subfolder of there depending on the type of plugin you've compiled.

You can tell when VDJ loads your plugin via class constructor or OnLoad().

Please note that only Pro versions supports plugins in Others or AutoStart, so you would have to place your plugin in SoundEffect for example.

Posted Thu 17 Dec 15 @ 3:56 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
You can test your IVdjPlugin8 plugin in .\Documents\VirtualDJ\Plugins\SoundEffect
It should work

Posted Sun 20 Dec 15 @ 10:57 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)