Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Warning - Controller driver problems with OS X 10.11 - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

While VirtualDj 8 itself does not experience any issues on new OS X 10.11, your hardware may do so!

Pioneer, Numark, Denon and other hardware manufacturers already have posted warnings about some of their hardware not working properly under the new OS X 10.11 version.
So, please consult your hardware manufacturer before upgrading to MAC OS X 10.11 'El Capitan' for compatibility issues:

Pioneer Announcement
Numark Announcement
Denon Announcement

Thank you!

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 10:57 am

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 3:06 pm
If you have a working system now, leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

:-)

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 4:46 pm
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
Pioneer uses a driver that exposes certain features to software. (DJM-750, DJM-850, etc. uses a driver to present USB/Midi). That driver is not compatible with El Cap yet, however we were told that it WOULD be available before the end of October.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 6:06 pm
Why do Apple keep changing things so much and creating incompatibility?

Glad I dumped Apple OS some time ago.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 6:11 pm
groovindj wrote :
If you have a working system now, leave it alone. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

:-)

They will not listen.............8..........7..........6..........

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 7:34 pm
We all like shiny objects... Actually you can't yell at the folks that want to upgrade and try the latest software...

Remember these same people are helping you test your beta revisions on a weekly basis.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 9:07 pm
While shiny new things can be fun and exciting and do help with beta testing, we do prefer our users to not be inconvenienced by hardware incompatibility that they may not be aware of until it is too late.

Posted Wed 30 Sep 15 @ 11:38 pm
Totally agreed. I ran into a compatibility issue with my DJM-750 mixer... I upgraded and then found that I could not longer control VDJ with my mixer. I thought it was a problem with VDJ and then realized that the 'middleware' app which is authored by Pioneer wasn't talking.

Luckily, that's part of my home setup and I had a workaround... Could have been a disaster.

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 2:16 am
has already tried someone VDJ 8 and DDJ SX 2 with El Capitan on Macbook Retina ?!

Posted Thu 01 Oct 15 @ 8:17 pm
Use TimeMachine backups. Upgrade. Test your shit thoroughly before playing live. Restore backup if necessary.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 4:45 pm
Sven DeKay wrote :
has already tried someone VDJ 8 and DDJ SX 2 with El Capitan on Macbook Retina ?!

Yes, I replied in the other thread. Yes, works fine.

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 6:58 pm
Sven DeKay -- do you use only audio or did the update work with video in use?

Posted Fri 02 Oct 15 @ 9:22 pm
DJ CyderPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2003
firekraag wrote :
Use TimeMachine backups. Upgrade. Test your shit thoroughly before playing live. Restore backup if necessary.

This is exactly the way to do it. Keith is asking the wrong question the problem here is not Apple as those vendors including us had access to the betas for a long time they choose to ignore the changes coming which are very well documented by the way. We took a proactive approach as a service to you guys here we tested early and we tested often. Even sent out some warnings to some partners. As a result you can use 10.11 with virtualdj and we haven't found any major issues. However having said that you should do regular backups and test before hand for your own piece of mind before stepping out with the new os. I personally have several live events using it with no problems with the sx or sx2.

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 1:36 am
That's why you guys rule! I love VDJ!

Posted Sat 03 Oct 15 @ 5:12 am
with cdj850 it works without problems.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 6:31 am
Ha, I'm still running Mavrick.

Posted Sun 04 Oct 15 @ 4:29 pm
Hey! Did any one knows about Stanton product incompatibilities? I am using a DJC.4 and Mac Book Pro retina.
Thanks in advance.

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 1:52 am
anyone tried the ddj sr yet on OS X el capitan ? its not on the list of pioneer products.

im assuming its safe to upgrade as its not listed on pioneer ?

Posted Tue 06 Oct 15 @ 4:32 am
Wann kommt der neue Treiber für den ddj sz
(El Capitan)

Posted Thu 15 Oct 15 @ 10:20 am
54%