Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Plugins

Topic: Text scroller and rotator for VDJ

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So, I've made a plugin for scrolling and rotating text in VDJ screen. There's no such thing, so I hope you'd like it. It's working great in VDJ7, but with only 7 options. In VDJ 8, all 15 options are visible, but sometimes the letters turn to something weird. Maybe it's because I'm NLU or maybe it's because of VDJ software, I'm not sure. I would like to hear from other users. These are the options:

Font: Of course, changes the font
Font Size: Changes the size of the font
Rotation: Rotate the text on the screen
Rotation Freq: Changes the speed of the text rotation
Bold: If you want to bold the text
Italic: If you want to make your text italic
Pos X: Move your text from left to the right
Pos X Freq: Speeding up the moving from left to right
Red, Green and Blue: Colour your text
Pos Y: Move your text from up to down
Pos Y Freq: Speeding up the moving from up to down
Line: Changes the text if there's more lines
Line Freq: Speeding up changing the lines

Take it here: [removed]

TxtRotScroll.dll put into the:
Documents/VirtualDJ/Plugins/VideoEffect folder
TextGen folder put into the:
Documents folder
Start VDJ and enable the TxtRotScroll plugin. Play around with it. All the commands are visible only in VDJ 8. VDJ7 will show you just a few of them.

Regards, Ivan

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 10:22 pm
If you want to change the text, go to TextGen folder, open the text.txt with any text editor (let's say, NotePad), change the text, save it and it will be displayed. I have some plans for creating a Facebook, Twitter and so on client, for saving the messages into that file. But, not yet...

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 10:36 pm
djcelPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2004
Tested on Windows 10 and nothing.

Based on Freeframe? What is FFRend ? Copyright Anal Software ?

Posted Sun 20 Sep 15 @ 10:49 pm
Yes, it's made with FFREND and I don't really know anything about that dude's company name. It's strange if it's not working. I kicked out Win10, it's too flat for my taste. On Win7, this is working OK:

http://postimg.org/image/cbemudomx/

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 2:40 am
So, erase and rewind... Cool, dude... Eat my dust. I bet you're still thinking how to get that rotation thing going on. Imagine myself laughing... You're right.

Posted Mon 21 Sep 15 @ 8:46 pm
What a wierd thread...

Posted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 2:40 pm
taylaPRO InfinityMember since 2007
No, this is what made this thread weird...

weirdjay wrote :
So, erase and rewind... Cool, dude... Eat my dust. I bet you're still thinking how to get that rotation thing going on. Imagine myself laughing... You're right.

weirdjay, you have been given a lot of respect and leeway over the years you have frequented these forums, as one user to another please be respectful to others also.

On another note, if you can find a way to get the plugin to work in v7 and show all the controls I'd love to try it out.

Posted Tue 22 Sep 15 @ 9:22 pm
With all respect I can show:

http://postimg.org/image/cbemudomx/

Controls are on the right side of the screen, all 15 of them. I'm not trying to steel a bread from other's developers mouth or put a nasty virus on users Machines. It's just a simple dll with usefull plugin. All you need to do is follow the instructions and put things in right places (TextGen folder in Documents folder and dll in VideoEffect folder, it's essential to work properly.) Cheers, T...

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 7:20 am
Just a quick show off.... (Try to use Chrome, IE is slightly confused with this sendvid site)

http://sendvid.com/meebwd53

You'll notice how bad VDJ treats FF plugins, near the end of video.

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 9:00 am
VDJ7 is showing only 7 controls in plugin's panel, it's important to say that it's VDJ7 software's limitation. Plugin works great, but it's impossible to input all the controls. In VDJ8, all 15 controls are visible in plugin's panel, but there's a serious bug in VDJ8, regarding FF plugins. After some tweaking of controls, picture in VDJ8 screen becomes pixelated, and you can see that in my video up there. I know there are better techniques for creating plugins, but let's be honest: I'm not a programmer, and even if I am, I would try to earn some money or left the plugin I created only for me. Welcome to real world (weird, isn't it?) or fix VDJ8, so users could use FFREND to create their own plugins. With all respect...

Posted Wed 23 Sep 15 @ 4:22 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
If you have a plugin to share then upload it to our site so that it can be tested and verified by our team. This is the established procedure for this - someone posting download links for plugin files on his own site is always going to result in their removal. You've been warned about posting links to your personal site before.

If the plugin works then it will be approved and people will be able to download it. If enough people download it you may even be able to earn some money from it.

You won't be stealing bread from anyone else's mouth so that's not even a concern.

Posted Thu 24 Sep 15 @ 5:02 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)