Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Beta Builds Regression Bugs

Topic: BUILD 2454

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

-Fix recording/broadcasting crash (2453 regression)

Posted Mon 14 Sep 15 @ 5:47 pm
Hi, I'm new to this part of the forum as I haven't had a problem with VDJ for so long. On Build 2454 I've had a problem playing VOBS and MP2's so I'm going back one just to make sure that it's a VDJ problem, although upgrading has been the only change so I suspect that it is.

Anyone else?

Posted Tue 15 Sep 15 @ 2:23 pm
Sorry to multiple post. I used time machine to go back to 2441.1060 and Vobs are working fine. Just an FYI

Posted Tue 15 Sep 15 @ 2:33 pm

Posted Tue 15 Sep 15 @ 2:39 pm
That's kind of you, thanks for posting.

Posted Tue 15 Sep 15 @ 2:46 pm
No problem, glad to help!

Posted Tue 15 Sep 15 @ 2:56 pm
john london wrote :
Hi, I'm new to this part of the forum as I haven't had a problem with VDJ for so long. On Build 2454 I've had a problem playing VOBS and MP2's so I'm going back one just to make sure that it's a VDJ problem, although upgrading has been the only change so I suspect that it is.

Anyone else?

What kind of problems with those files?

Posted Tue 15 Sep 15 @ 10:51 pm
The sound would play but not the video.

Posted Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 5:54 pm
john london wrote :

It was something about video with dxva? I got the same issue with some wmv files, and it started happen on build 2425. And since then the issue was not solved.

Posted Wed 16 Sep 15 @ 7:50 pm
-Fix loop_exit jumping to slip mode position when no loop is active

so the bug is gone which is good. But it lost some functionality as well. you used to be able to slip the search forward / backward and clicking the waveform as well (click the waveform anywhere, loop_exit would return to normal play position, much like slipping the cue points) Is there any way this could be brought back, (slipping the search / forward and slipping the waveform click i.e. touchscreen) I'm just saying this functionality makes VDJ a crazy remix machine, unlike anything on the market. Please consider bringing it back.

I know you can program all this with the cue points as well and that they are slipable, however it requires CUE point programming and is by far less flexible and intuitive as for SEARCH / waveform clicks. Thanks. Would be very very cool and be another amazing unique VDJ8 feature to show in my store demos.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 5:02 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
You can turn on slip manually (slip on, slip off) rather than using automatic slip_mode.

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 6:34 pm
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
john london wrote :

All files or just specific one´s ?

Posted Thu 17 Sep 15 @ 6:57 pm
Exactly the same here Just on mpeg2s. Plays audio only and the video part freezes. The only change on my Mac was the vdj8 update prompt to 2425. I'll try and revert back to a previous one. How do I do that?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 2:01 pm
tottenhammatts wrote :
I'll try and revert back to a previous one. How do I do that?

4th post from top.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 2:10 pm
Adion wrote :
You can turn on slip manually (slip on, slip off) rather than using automatic slip_mode.

hey adion can you give me a mapping example relating to RMX2 search buttons, so what I want is .... play a track to a certain position, then search... so it plays a part i.e. repeat some earlier part, then have it pick up from where it was before.. so I can skip through the song in a musical fashion, but now I want to return to the normal play position. I used to map this with loop_exit... so how do I do it?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 2:41 pm
Map one button with 'slip on' that you press before doing the actions, map another button with 'slip off' to press when you want to go back to original play position.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 2:44 pm
RobRoy wrote :
john london wrote :

Hi, if memory serves it was all the VOBs and MP2's although i tried more of the former than the latter.

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 3:12 pm
john london wrote :
RobRoy wrote :
john london wrote :

Hi, if memory serves it was all the VOBs and MP2's although i tried more of the former than the latter.

If possible could you share one of the files that are not playing correctly?

Posted Fri 18 Sep 15 @ 3:47 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)