Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Mapping AKAI MPK Mini

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So I just got this piece of gear yesterday and I saw someone performing a set through vdj and wanted to learn how to map it. I attempted to do some things like assigning the filter/crossfader to buttons but a lot of it didn't work.

When I tried to choose 2 buttons for left deck and right deck it wouldn't change, whats all that about? How can I assign the echo's/reverbs/beat masher to controls on my akai? Can I save the mappings onto my keyboard so I can take it with me and not have to map it again if I performed on a different computer?

If anyone has any tips for mapping thatd be great!

Posted Wed 26 Aug 15 @ 11:40 am
AKAI MPK Mini is a MIDI Keyboard.
You can either use simple MIDI wrapper in order to "catch" the buttons and assign them to do various actions, or create a full definition+mapper file.

However I don't know if the device offers all buttons and knobs as MIDI notes or CC's so that they can be captured by VirtualDj.

Posted Thu 27 Aug 15 @ 12:54 am
I as well have an Akai MPK Mini and am trying to assign the actions of virtual dj to my controller. The Akai MPK mini that I have contains 4 touch sensitive pads, 8 knobs, a keyboard, and a cc option as well. I do not know much about how this technology works, but I was able to assign some of the simple controls to my controller (such as play_pause, play_stop, and other things that only require an ON/OFF type control) to the pads. But I am having trouble trying to assign the knobs controls, in that when I for instance have one knob try and control the crossfader, it can only control it to go from 0% (the left deck) to 100% (the right deck), with no inbetween. Is there anyway that I can be able to assign the knob to the crossfader to control it and let it be able to, for example get from 0% to 100% while hitting every % between, or being able to have the crossfader at 50%? I am new to this software and still am trying to figure it all out.

Posted Wed 20 Jan 16 @ 4:57 am
My virtual dj doesn't don't my akai mpk for controller functions.

Posted Tue 18 Jul 17 @ 5:40 pm
My Akai MPK Mini mk2 wont work either. In settings I can see the buttons i press and it should work but in the program it wont do anything. I hope they update this to support this great keyboard/pad combo.

Posted Sat 04 Aug 18 @ 7:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)