Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Content Unlimited - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

VDJ RonPRO InfinityMember since 2010
I playing around on my backup laptop, and this service is looking more than a bit interesting.
Do I need a firewall, and anti-virus program running whilst connecting to the Internet. I assume the answer is yes. Will that cause audio glitches?
Things look good while I'm on my home wifi, what if I'm working somewhere, and they have not got, or won't let me use their Internet connection?
I know you can cache songs, but that does demand a lot of saving.
I never us any roaming Internet connections so I'm very inexperienced in this area.
PS I use my phone, and Amazonmp3. This seems adequate for the occasional song.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 2:04 pm
Maybe I'm expecting too much.
I've just played the first 30s of Cheerleader, if I stored it in cache then I would have it whilst out, and about, and I could use it in conjunction with my main library.
Does subscribing mean no more buying cd's ( I still do! ), or anything from Amazonmp3 ?

If I'm lucky enough to have a connection while out, then things are even better !

Mind you I only have a intel dual core 2.4ghz 5gb mem. laptop. Is that good enough?

Comments

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 4:06 pm
I think I'll setup my backup laptop to run content unlimited, and see how it goes.
If anything goes wrong I can just go back to my main laptop.

Any comments?

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 4:20 pm
I think the cache needs online verification every month, but that is not a problem if VDJ 8 runs stable on the Internet.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 4:33 pm

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 4:40 pm
I know you've had a lot of problems of late with content unlimited, well you've just got my vote.
I've just subscribed.
I think you're good people.
I think you're the best !

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 5:01 pm
Song loading is fast !!!!

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 5:12 pm
Most of the Beatles songs are present, I've just played 'A Hard Day's Night'.
It was ok.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 5:15 pm
No glitches as yet !

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 5:17 pm
Downloading a song to cache took around 5s !!!!
Make that 2s!

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 5:38 pm
Deacon Blue's 'Real Gone Kid' sounded ok.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 5:50 pm
In the UK, Including taxes, at just under £10 a month for audi it's got to be a good deal.
Hm.. karaoke next?

I'll keep updating my experience of this feature of VDJ.
Also I need to test it on a proper pa system.

Mind you I do feel a little like a fan boy now LOL, I'm normally snarling at anything which even vaguely looks corporate.
When I started arguing with them they didn't just delete the my posts.
They faced the arguments.

Posted Sun 14 Jun 15 @ 6:03 pm
You do realize that you are talking to yourself, out loud, in a public forum? Since you have asked a few questions, I will try to answer them. Some people have issues with services running in the background of their computer, I am not one of them. I have my Zone Alarm anti virus running at all times, and do not have sound issues. It all depends on your computer. Some people use CU as their only source of music. They think that they can be professional DJs, by renting music, for $10.00 a month. What they do, is not my concern. You can try, if that is the way you want to go. I know that most of the professional DJs here, still buy their content, and use CU for the odd request. It has been my experience, that I can only depend on what I own, and have control of. Your internet access will vary from place to place. I use my phone as a modem, and have not run into any issues, except in Atlantic city hotels. They block your access so you have to buy theirs. I think the Feds are cracking down on that. If you cache songs, they can be played offline for up to 30 days. At that point, you will have to re-authorize them, by going on the internet. If you stop paying, you lose the access to those songs. As has happened in the pass, there may be issues with CU, that are out of Atomics control. What do you do then? Well, those of us with our own music, keep playing, into the sunset, with smiles on our faces, and money in our pockets. The choice is yours, use it how you see fit.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 1:08 pm
Hi AMAHM, I'm writing what I would want to read before committing myself to content unlimited. I did make a subscription anyway, but I'm trying to drum up a little business for vdj. It's a good service, but its role is not clearly defined.
In real life I can have a logical conversation talking to myself.
The world is nuts. LOL

There is something that troubles me about this forum, its title is "General Discussion", but more often it gets used for on topic question, and answers.
That does not seem to be its original purpose?

Note: Today I overheard a conversation about a schoolboy speaking to his teacher, it went "I don't need any education, I'll make my money selling drugs" He will, the UK is the drugs capital of Europe, and I live in a national hot-spot.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 2:15 pm
And did you buy some of that drugs from him, prior to writing this post? :-P

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 2:36 pm
Don't start me, I take that as a scumbag comment.
Drugs are an evil disease which has mutilated the West.
We are now seeing the rise of the East, as it replaces the West as the technological hub of our world.
They chop bits off pushers, shoot them, and imprison them for very long periods.
They understand the threat.

For our young people drug pushing is becoming a career aspiration.
They cue up to help poison our peoples.

The Far East has seen it all before, and they have the wisdom of past experience.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 2:45 pm
I think he was joking, lighten up.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 2:55 pm
Sorry about that outburst AMAHM, but I'm telling the truth.
Too few take a stand.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 3:02 pm
I understand more than you know. However, we try to stay away from the big stuff, and keep the focus on our little DJ world. There are other places for the big world picture, or there would be blood on our forum floor. I just enforce the rules here, I don't make them. Now, back to our regularly scheduled program.

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 3:10 pm
ok

Posted Mon 15 Jun 15 @ 3:11 pm
38%