Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: v8 Remote skins - Page: 3
djdad wrote :
You dont download anything on your iPad. You download the skin to your computer and then in the Remote tab of VDJ Settings, you click on the "Change the Remote skin" button

http://www.virtualdj.com/manuals/virtualdj8/remote/remotesetup.html

I cannot find "Change the Remote skin". Version 8.3 b4592 / Windows 10
Furthermore i tried to download the default Virtual DJ Remote Skin to my computer, now there is a folder "iphone" but it is empty. How can i download the skin to modify it.

Thank you

Posted Sun 07 Oct 18 @ 7:16 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005

Posted Mon 08 Oct 18 @ 8:46 am
Hello,

I have a question about the kin settings of the VDJ remote app. On a Galaxy Tab3 10.1" with LineageOS 14.1 the app starts in phone Mode.

On a Galaxy Tab2 with LineageOS 13 it starts in Tablet Mode.

Can anyone explain this? Because it should start in tablet mode.

Thanks in advance

Posted Mon 05 Nov 18 @ 10:30 pm
alucasCUE userMember since 2008
I'm not sure if questions/comments on remote skins should be added to this thread or put in a new thread on the skins forum. Which would you prefer?

Posted Tue 05 Feb 19 @ 10:52 am
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
Better start a new topic. This was meant to mostly help skiners to edit/create Remote skins

Posted Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 12:44 am
alucasCUE userMember since 2008
OK will do thank you.

Posted Wed 06 Feb 19 @ 2:05 pm
djdad wrote :
You cant have mini decks + Browser in the Remote, so the Mini Decks panel of the "views" group has to go out completely.

Anyways, here is what you need to do...
- line 1548 : change the action to browser
- Delete lines 5840 - 6270 (the entire "browser" panel
- Delete line 1561 & line 5837 (will make the "decks" panel always visible

It is suggested to name the skin with a different name in case you may want the same skin to be used as main skin

Several things will not work properly (such as songpos markers, Scratch grids and cue markers, wont show any video of course.

Just discovered the remote app yesterday and found this can become really useful to me.. no crashes on iPad 2018 (up-to-date OS) so far. :)

I checked all skins available but I actually was looking for something more compact on 1 screen (without having to switch between browser and player controls).. Is this still not possible to create nowadays?
Just a the browser basically and a simple play/stop/cue section panel, a little time display (time elapsed) or something to check which player is active.. no fancy waveform eye candy or shorcuts to fx, hot cues, or eq.. just a simple player :-)
oh.. and if possible.. are there any threads that will give me some insight on how to build such results?

Posted Wed 29 Jan 20 @ 12:18 am
Hi, is a video skin possible for the remote app at all? I'm looking into making some custom skins, and was just curious about this.

Posted Wed 24 Feb 21 @ 5:22 pm
Hi there. I would love to change my v8 remote skin. markmolinski you mentioned you could help with that.

1. for me to make some space before put some new knob, i dont need the top bar, where can i see the two track running together. But i need the A and B deck PFL and Elapsed and Remain time.

2. i would love to put some knob there. 2 filter knob. 1 for the A and 1 for the B deck. and the double klick for the reset.

3. would be great to controll the Headphone Volume and the Headphone Mix with two other fader. its can be the filter fader what we dont use now. the A deck filter could be change to be a Headphone volume and the B deck filter could be change to be Headphone mix

4. move out from the loop menu the LOOP button and the Loop hald and Loop double buttons to the top. i dont need the loop roll and the loop in out. Just the LOOP button.

I would love to give you a contact, even i can do a photo to you how i imagine that.
please contact me.

best wishes
soundcloud: fáni bácsi

Posted Mon 27 Dec 21 @ 9:12 pm
djkrysrPRO InfinityMember since 2010
Hi
I have my own remote skin that I created ages ago & was trying to update. It is currently on version "8" but II can only get some things to work correctly.
Does the remote app support placeholders in the define class, also does it support basic shapes such as <square>, I can't get these to work but not sure if I need to change anything or update the app to support the newer skin functions, or are they not implemented. If they are not implemented, is there a reference I can turn to that lets me know what is supported in Remote Skins.
Thanks for any advice.

Posted Mon 27 Feb 23 @ 6:08 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
A question because I don't have the remote app but want to make edits to a skin or two

<button action="browser">
calls the browser, but I can't see that action in the pc skin engine, if I want to size the browser so I can still have some buttons, do I not bother with this action and just make a panel for the browser?

Posted Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 7:18 pm
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Yes, in the new remote you can just use browser as you would on regular vdj

Posted Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 8:01 pm
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
thank you

Posted Tue 12 Dec 23 @ 9:12 pm