Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: [OFFICIAL] ContentUnlimited Audio [SOLVED: download v7.4.6 or v8.0.2338] - Page: 10

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

nathanac25 wrote :
It seems that the audio library is considerable smaller is this just because it is just restarting and more titles and artist are coming soon??

It will get bigger as time goes by, but I don't think it will ever be as big as Grooveshark was.
Actually I don't think that any streaming based music pool exists that is legal for public/DJ use, and is as big as the big ones that are only for private use (Spotify, Deezer, Apple music and so on). If it does exist I don't know it

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 3:59 am
Please can someone tell me why i can not use the cloud service i use to b able to download songs from this thanks

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 6:21 am
RobRoyPRO InfinitySenior staffMember since 2012
most cloud lists were created with the old CU cataloge. So because Grooveshark is gone, you cannot download.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 8:37 am
I have started being charged again and am not able to get any songs on content unlimited on any version. You really shouldn't charge people when there is no working service.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 7:54 pm
blckjckPRO InfinityMember since 2008
cbcoleman wrote :
I have started being charged again and am not able to get any songs on content unlimited on any version. You really shouldn't charge people when there is no working service.

sclavel wrote :
Today, we released a new version of VirtualDJ (v8.0.2338 and v7.4.6), that finally has a full and functional ContentUnlimited Audio catalog.

It's been a bumpy ride for the month and a half since Grooveshark went down, but we tried to make sure that we had temporary working solutions during this period, and gradually improving on it.
We now reached the point where the catalog that is accessible in the new version matches our quality standard (and in many way surpass what we used to get from Grooveshark).
We again apologize for all the changes and downloads, but in the end we ended up with a much better product than we had before, so we believe it was worth it.

Please make sure you update to v8.0.2338 (or newer), or v7.4.6, if you plan to try or use ContentUnlimited.

make sure your up to date. The service has been working for weeks.

Posted Wed 01 Jul 15 @ 11:25 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006
No issues here - working.

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 12:11 am
cbcoleman wrote :

Did you read any of this thread, before posting this? You have upgraded to the latest version, and you still don't get any results?

Posted Thu 02 Jul 15 @ 12:56 pm
PhillayHome userMember since 2014
I know Algoriddim (DJay) has a deal with Spotify, but it it only works with the latest Apple OS. Not sure how it's structured for public/DJ use, however.

Posted Fri 03 Jul 15 @ 11:05 pm
SBDJPRO Infinity Member since 2006
It's not, its for home private use only.

Using it for a performance would not be legal.

Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 3:41 am
So happy to have this back and working, and with the proper license. Having spent considerable amount of money the last few months to be able to get some obscure oldies, and various DJ services, I can say unequivocally VDJ offers the most convenient and reasonably priced service.

As a dee jay who works professionally on Cruise ships, the number of people from all over the world that I encounter on a daily basis makes this service invaluable.

THANK YOU!

Posted Sat 04 Jul 15 @ 7:55 pm
ugabugaPRO InfinityMember since 2006
Finally updated my VDJ7. content unlimited is working. Catalog is much smaller. Hardly seems to be any Hard rock, Metal, Grunge stuff available. Even Red Hot Chilli Peppers gives a blank. Barely any Rob Zombie, nothing by The Tea Party. Also tried other bands such as Suicidal Tendencies and Dope. Many searches will only give one or two track results. Get 4 results for Metallica. Not good if you're looking for obscure tracks to play.

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 8:57 am
I'm so confused...trying to get CU Audio issue resolved with the new update V7.4.6. (I'm currently running 7.0.5b Pro). when I download the V7.4.6 it tries to install the Home version of VDJ. If I try to use 8, it says I need to buy a controller license, (I already use my Hercules RMX with my VDJ Pro). So I'm stuck with using my controller on my current version (that won't update to V7.4.6) or using VDJ8 and pay to use my controller?? BTW, if I try to update from within my current version, it takes me to a link to V5.2.2! What gives here??

Posted Mon 06 Jul 15 @ 8:15 pm
jakovskiPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2006

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 12:17 am
You should be able to download it now from here:

My Licenses

Or you can now download v8 from download at the top of the page and log into that with your account.

Posted Tue 07 Jul 15 @ 3:13 am
Got it. Thanks got the help

Posted Thu 09 Jul 15 @ 2:29 am
Sad. Grooveshark was trying to work with the labels and had a revenue stream to compensate them for the foreseeable future. Just more myopia, though, in looking for a quick buck.

Posted Mon 20 Jul 15 @ 7:42 pm
It works again yes, but the searches showing zero now, with luck you get one track or similar.....its much smaller like before and for myself its not worth anymore to go on to pay the contentunlimited

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 8:19 am
Yeah, that $10.00 a month is expensive.

Posted Tue 21 Jul 15 @ 4:26 pm
But it's also $120 a year. Maybe a one month free trial would help people decide?

Posted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 1:56 am
Well you can already search and preview for free, that's enough for you to get a feel for what is on there and what the quality is like imho.

Posted Wed 22 Jul 15 @ 2:47 am
84%