Quick Sign In:  

Forum: VirtualDJ Skins

Topic: Skin for Ultra HD - 3200 X 1800

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Is there a skin available for Ultra HD - 4K (3200 X 1800)?
I just bought a laptop with this resolution and the regular HD skins do not cover my 15 in screen.

Thanks.

Posted Mon 18 May 15 @ 11:05 pm
3200x1800 is pointless running Windows. I have scaled down to 1920x1080 which works perfect and fits the VDJ default skin resolution.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 1:44 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
3200x1800 runs fine, I wouldn't want to go back to lower resolution anymore, text is so much clearer.
VirtualDJ 8 scales well, so you can just maximize the skin to fill the screen without problem.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 2:20 am
dcomoPRO InfinityMember since 2012
birensworld - Can you please go into the Settings, then options area within VDJ 8 and let me know if the main window allows you to change the settings or is that window 'blank'?

I have 2x laptops which run at that resolution, one is a Dell XPS 13, another is a development Lenovo laptop (cannot discuss the model number without breaking an NDA), and both show the options area as blank when running at that res.

If I drop back to 1920x1080, then it shows fine.

Posted Tue 19 May 15 @ 12:53 pm
Options area is still a problem at super-hi-res.

Posted Tue 26 May 15 @ 11:44 pm
Just installed VDJ 8 Pro Infinity and it looks great on my Ultra-HD screen.

dcomo - I was able to see the Options menu as well.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 9:59 am
We found out what the problem is. What size is your display? (I'm suspecting it's 15".)

The problem is when you couple that resolution and a 13" display, there's a scaling issue within the grid library which VDJ is using.
(wxPropertyGrid control of the wxWidgets library.)

Adion confirmed that this is indeed a problem.

Posted Mon 08 Jun 15 @ 3:13 pm
I'm using the default VDJ8 skin with my 3200x1800 laptop and the font is so tiny in the options as well as in the skin. For instance, when I view an effect setting I have use a magnifier to read it. Is there something I can do to fix this? If I use the laptop mode the skin is bigger but the config area is still tiny.

Posted Fri 25 Sep 15 @ 12:27 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
Right-click on the desktop, select Display Settings.
The 'Size of text, apps and other items' should most likely be set to 200% or 250% for most QHD/Ultra HD displays.
If that is the case, the size of text in config should be very similar to other text in windows, such as the task bar.
If this is not the case, something appears to be wrong, or you might be using VirtualDJ 7 instead of VirtualDJ 8.

Posted Tue 29 Sep 15 @ 11:50 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)