-deck x linein initializes that deck if it wasn't available yet
-get_rotation_slip added
-slip position added to gemini waveform
-no slip interference when scratching while pausing
-shift+drag can be used to move folders
-fix skinRhythm couldn't be on a panel that moved
-fix netSearch

Posted Wed 06 May 15 @ 6:33 pm
minor issue.. program shuts down when you try to delete a virtual file. Anything i need to do on my end or this a bug to fix?

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 10:26 am
-shift+drag can be used to move folders

what does this mean? Folders can still be moved by regular dragging without shift (unfortunately for keeping things organised and not accidentally messing up) or is it an option?
please explain thanks

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 10:48 am
locoDogPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2013
It refers to moving folders into/out of other folders. If you do accidentally move a folder out of alphabetical order if you right click the unordered folder (i.e. the the folder above the moved folder) and reset order.

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 11:17 am
What does "get_rotation_slip added" do?

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 6:47 pm
djdadPRO InfinityDevelopment ManagerMember since 2005
You can use this with a <bar> of Leds on a controller or a <visual> on a skin to get the rotation that the jog would have if the Slip was never enabled.
E.g. if a controller has some Leds (a bar of Leds) assigned as get_rotation, and you still need them to rotate when Jog is held down and SLip is active, you can map it as .. get_slip_active ? get_rotation_slip : get_rotation

Posted Thu 07 May 15 @ 11:38 pm
When active Showlogo effect, the waves begin to lock - windows 7 - 64bits

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 9:42 am
Whole program still becomes unresponsive after some time open. Won't respond to MIDI commands or mouse clicks. Decks 1 and 2 fail first, then 3 and 4.

Posted Fri 08 May 15 @ 6:32 pm
"Crash Virtual DJ"
- Play a song in the Prelisten Player
- Stop the Prelisten Player
- Delete the song in the Browser with menu "Files OperationsDelete"
- The song change in the Browser but NOT In the Prelisten Player
- Play in the Prelisten Player and CRASH

In an other DJ software (Cross DJ - Mixvibes) i see a option very fine in Prelisten Player:
- The start position in the song it the same for all song you play.
- Click in a new position and all of song you play start at this new position

Thank you for job

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 12:52 am
load security is not working in this build

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 2:46 am
Nope working here.

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 3:49 am
Shift + Drag don't work caused VDJ to restart. Tried a second time and VDJ froze. Message then saying that that VDJ not responding . I then reset to Factory setting and still the same.

Also upon first loading of VDJ8 drag and drop song on to right side list don't work. Toggling between the two side list fixes this

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 9:54 am
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
Don't know if this is a regression but I lost the color of the song . I set colors for my music based on:

green=safe lyrics
yellow=mild language
red=unedited with strong language

In the past I could set the color and the whole song in the browser would be in that color. Now I can only see the color if the "color" column is active.

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 1:11 pm
Strange, here I see the full track text coloured if the color column isn't visible, if it is visible I get a small block of colour.

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 1:17 pm
TantrixPRO InfinityMember since 2013
locodog wrote :
Strange, here I see the full track text coloured if the color column isn't visible, if it is visible I get a small block of colour.

Well damn! It does work...I suspect they changed it at some point and I didn't notice it. Thanks man!

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 1:32 pm
Searching for a song in my browser causes VDJ8 to crash and reboot causing the music to stop playing, I have a DDJ SZ and use 2 pc's one with VDJ7 and the other with VDJ8 and both pc's have the same exact music, VDJ7 never crashes but vdj8 always crashes and yes i'm logged into to VDJ8. I was one of the lucky people who received a free license key from Pioneer for VDJ8 infinity when I bought my controller and I already owned a license for version 7. So if its a bad tag in the search db causing a crash in 8 then why doesn't it cause a crash in 7. I love the vdj8 user interface and layout but until version 8 is actually 99% bug free i'll use version 7 and Serato. I think when vdj8 is bug free then it'll be a major contender until then my second pc will be using cheesy Serato.....ugh

Posted Sat 09 May 15 @ 3:18 pm
It does appear that some crash reports have been received.

I'm sure the development team will come back to you once they have chance to review them.

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 2:52 am
AdionPRO InfinityCTOMember since 2006
It appears that the crash may have been caused by k_fps.dll, which from what I can find is a part of the Razer Game Booster software.
See if there is an update of this software available, otherwise try to uninstall it.

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 3:03 am
BraenzuPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2007
yesterday after 6 1/2 H video playtime, vdj close automatically and restart after 8-10 seconds and play the same video to end. only the sound settings i had to re-enter.
i have no idea why....maybe you have a report about this?
it was ca 04:30 this morning (europe time)

I think i heard tempo fluctuations with this build in the songs

Braenzu

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 3:50 am
Further to my previous report. Drag and dropping songs onto right play list don't work n the first instance of loading VDJ 8 until switching between Music and Karaoke sidelist. Reproduced this on second Laptop.

Posted Sun 10 May 15 @ 10:42 am
67%